• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Walter4
Glad you like them. Just more confirmation that their customer service is crap. Not only do they consistently miss deadlines, and seem to have declining quality, but they also seem to be deaf. I'm convinced now that I should go for Yuketen boat shoes - even if they are a bit pricier. Only problem is I can't find a pair in brown US size 11.5 (or the equivalent, which I'm not sure of for Yuketen's). Guess I should start edumucating myself on the Yuketen forum. But as of now, I don't think I'd go for Quoddy's unless they were sub $50 now.
good luck finding your correct yuketen size, its so ******* fun!

nurktwin

Reaction score
How does the Maliseet Oxford stack up against the Cole Haan Claremont Lug Boat in terms of quality and arch support?

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...815&pwpHash=3#

Claremont-Lug-Boat-C08928_A.jpg

quoddy-maliseets.jpg

nurktwin

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Cole Haan Claremont Lug Boat above? How comfy are the Quoddy Maliseets? Do they run true to size? Do the Quoddy's have good arch support?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nurktwin
Anyone tried the Cole Haan Claremont Lug Boat above? How comfy are the Quoddy Maliseets? Do they run true to size? Do the Quoddy's have good arch support?

nope, no ch's.

maliseets are very comfortable, less comfortable then their boat shoe though.

yes, they run true to size.

it really depends on the model. keep in mind quoddy/oak street bootmakers/yuketen make mocs, so these do not provide the same support as a shoe, but usually provide very good arch support, but again, it depends on the model. i own several different mocs and there really are the most comfortable shoes i have ever owned. it an entirely different concept.

hope this helps.

blake3030

Reaction score
The Quoddies look a whole lot better than those Cole Haans, i'll give them that.

nurktwin

Reaction score
Any photos of the sole of the Quoddy's? what kind of traction do they have?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of sizing, is Quoddy the same as Sperrys? My old boat shoes are finally deemed unwearable.

Mbrand

Reaction score

Amazonas boat soles with an ok level of traction, as good as a boat sole can have, on par with Sperry I guess

Originally Posted by benjamin831
In terms of sizing, is Quoddy the same as Sperrys? My old boat shoes are finally deemed unwearable.

Quoddy fits absolutely true to size. Measure your feet, order your true measured size. My advice is not to size down like some people who end up wearing shapeless stretched mocs.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
here you go. this is the quoddy boat sole. and yes, these things have excellent traction.
DSCN1228-2.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
yes, M is correct, quoddy's do run true to size. i do not know how sperrys are sized though. so what i would do it measure your foot on a brannock and order that size.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mbrand
Can anybody share a technique to make quoddy customer service work ? I had the idea of getting custom boat shoes for next summer.
I have two pairs of Quoddys, both from South Willard. SW seems to have a great relationship with Quoddy. Not sure how 'custom' you want to go, but you might take a look at the Quoddy boat shoes they currently offer. If none of those work, maybe you could talk to SW about fitting what you want into their purchases for next Spring.

http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...s/quoddy-shoes

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
03930fc5.jpg

ec91170c.jpg

Decent display of chromexcel versus oxblood:
41764dda.jpg

I beat the crap out of my boat shoes. They've been drenched in rain. Soaked in salt water. Buried in sand. Just about everything. They look more beat up than they do above. These are somewhat older pictures. First time I ever wore a pair....my God. Trip to Belize. Wore them the first night with no socks. Marched up and down the beach all night, drunk, and apparently numb. Woke up and noticed my sheets and feet were covered in blood
uhoh.gif
. Slightly hampered the trip but at least they got a good break in and my feet developed calluses on all the right places
redface.gif

Unless you really, really need a custom pair - I would bypass all that hassle and just go through a retailer. Assuming O'Connell's is still stocking - they've always been great. Fair price, tons of sizes. Yuketens are cool but unless you can try them on in person (which I know we're not all fortunate enough to do), sizing is so damn tuff.

I'm wondering when I send some of my other quoddy's in for resoling if they'll give me the option of putting a Vibram mini lug on something like a pair of chukkas instead of the normal "Amazonas" (sp) sole. Hope so. Aforementioned wear down too fast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads