• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by golfham
If anyone is looking for gunmetal chinos in 29, I have a new pair I'd like to sell. They're too small on me, unfortunately.
I think there is someone; look a few pages back.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely am pretty interested in the boot, super nice. I'm picking up my chinos from the tailor on Thursday and am absolutely stoked on them, as APK stated. Looking forward to the 18th as well! See you guys there.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Sorry if its been posted, but whats the word on those beanies i saw on the epaulet blog?

Peacock777

Reaction score
is there gonna be any sale for the jeans?
smile.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) They're already priced well enough.
2) Epaulet brand clothing doesn't go on sale.
3) They're worth the tagged price.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Hey guys thanks again for the shirt. Your sizing is spot-on for me! My girlfriend keeps going on about how nice you guys were.
biggrin.gif

Thank you - it was great meeting you!

Originally Posted by zippyh
You are an evil, evil man.

Oh yes
devil.gif

Thanks for your order - we shipped those beauties out today.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
The longwings look fantastic and unique simultaneously. The boots look great too although I'm not sure the pictures are doing them justice as they appear two-toned in some of them.

On an unrelated note, who does Epaulet have processing orders and returns? I've been short a couple hundred dollars for weeks now on an ordering snafu and am not getting a response to my PM's. Not generally one to ***** and moan, but it's pretty frustrating.

Tell me about it - Shell Cordovan is a tough item to shoot with a standard flash setup. It's crazy reflective. This batch of Ravello is particularly vibrant though.

And really sorry about dropping the ball with your order - I just sent you a PM for more details. We'll get it sorted immediately and we'll make it up to you
smile.gif

Originally Posted by scott.m
I definitely am pretty interested in the boot, super nice. I'm picking up my chinos from the tailor on Thursday and am absolutely stoked on them, as APK stated. Looking forward to the 18th as well! See you guys there.

Rock and roll - thanks again for coming by!

Originally Posted by bob_gnarly
Sorry if its been posted, but whats the word on those beanies i saw on the epaulet blog?

Oh, those hats are actually all handknit by Adele's mom. Each piece is a one-off. They're $55-$60 and generally made in a blend of merino & angora. If you guys are interested, I can take some pics and post up what we have. Let a brother know.

Originally Posted by zinman74
Did I understand correctly that you are still adding sizes in the gunmetal and olive ripstop chinos? I need a 36. Thanks!

Not Olive Ripstop, but we've definitely got Gunmetal 36 coming in. I'll put it online for preorder later this week.

daev

Reaction score
Hey Mike... Can you get replacement laces for Alden boots? I asked a straight-up Alden dealer and they don't sell accessories alone. I really like the waxed laces on the black brixton boot I bought from you, but I'd like to track down some brown laces for my Indys.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopping by was entirely my pleasure, I have to say the more and more I think about it the more I like your store, and previously there are only 2 boutiques that I shop at, so you guys definitely charmed me. Great staff and wonderful product!

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Seconded, re: the jeans. I've been wearing them just about every day since I got them and they're great. They're superior in quality to APC and cheaper as it is.

Basically Epaulet is just about the only place I'll shop and pay full retail, because it's worth it.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Oh, those hats are actually all handknit by Adele's mom. Each piece is a one-off. They're $55-$60 and generally made in a blend of merino & angora. If you guys are interested, I can take some pics and post up what we have. Let a brother know.

Do it. Would like a new beanie. I hope they fit big heads...

mtmindc

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daev
Hey Mike... Can you get replacement laces for Alden boots? I asked a straight-up Alden dealer and they don't sell accessories alone. I really like the waxed laces on the black brixton boot I bought from you, but I'd like to track down some brown laces for my Indys.

Ah sorry, we don't get any extra laces from Alden. Check out this site below:

http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/

It's ugly as sin, but if you scroll down and look for "Boot/Hiking" laces in the left-hand nav, then they've got a decent selection. The "Square Leather Laces" will look dope in the Indy's! There's a toned-down waxed one available there too.

Originally Posted by scott.m
Stopping by was entirely my pleasure, I have to say the more and more I think about it the more I like your store, and previously there are only 2 boutiques that I shop at, so you guys definitely charmed me. Great staff and wonderful product!

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by thebarsmydestination
Seconded, re: the jeans. I've been wearing them just about every day since I got them and they're great. They're superior in quality to APC and cheaper as it is.

Basically Epaulet is just about the only place I'll shop and pay full retail, because it's worth it.

Awesome, really glad that you're pleased with the jeans!

Originally Posted by ahjota
Do it. Would like a new beanie. I hope they fit big heads...

Sure thing, we'll hook this up.

Originally Posted by mtmindc
Can you make this as a boot? I've been angling for a dressy fall boot with this double-oiled sole - my first choice right now is LeatherSoul's Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip, but a natural version without visible eyelets would be money.

You read my mind. We've got this on order as a "Brixton Boot" for Fall 2011. It will have the visible metal eyelets and be on the Barrie Last. Can't wait for this! We're going to be Brixton Boot'd-out for that season.

eightdouble

Reaction score
deciding to lurk around styleforum is getting expensive for me, i just saw that the gunmetal rivet chinos are restocked in my size and i couldn't resist them after falling in love with my british khaki version. hands down my favorite pair of pants.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to gauge the true color of the ravello boots. How does the color compare to "conventional" Alden ravello?
thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads