• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saks Fifth Private Label

ishakir

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if you all had any experience with the Saks Private Label. I was particularly interested in their dress shirts. My biggest concern is quality more than fit as I do have a trusted tailor that I use frequently for alterations.

How does it compare in terms of quality to other bigger designers such as Burberry, Faconnable and, dare I say, Hugo Boss?

Thanks much!

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like em, and they're relatively cheap. They say "made in Italy"

tacobender

Reaction score
Saks is a competitor of my employer. They have started putting a lot of floor space devoted to their private label. I am willing to be the profit margin is huge. And they control the supply chain, no more dealing with nasty designer vendors.
As for the shirts : I thought the dress shirts all ran big, and were billowy, but I am guessing that cut is more their target audience though....

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Anyone knows the quality of the Italy-made Saks cashmere coats of eHaberdasher?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Anyone knows the quality of the Italy-made Saks cashmere coats of eHaberdasher?

They're very nice, but are a fuller American cut since they were made for Saks. If the fuller style suits you, they're a bargain at $459.99!

ishakir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tacobender
Saks is a competitor of my employer. They have started putting a lot of floor space devoted to their private label. I am willing to be the profit margin is huge. And they control the supply chain, no more dealing with nasty designer vendors.
As for the shirts : I thought the dress shirts all ran big, and were billowy, but I am guessing that cut is more their target audience though....

Yeah, I went in to try the shirts on and they were cut rather generously. The fabrics were very nice and appeared to be of good quality.

Toronto34

Reaction score
I picked up a couple alligator private label pieces, actually thought the quality was great. However, the sales person I worked with did not know the maker.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this label, i was pleasantly surprised.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toronto34
I picked up a couple alligator private label pieces, actually thought the quality was great. However, the sales person I worked with did not know the maker.

Alligator what? Shoes? Belts?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toronto34

please post photos of what you got. thanks!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Alligator what? Shoes? Belts?

possibly REAL alligators???

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to quickly peruse the Saks house label items at Saks.

They have lots of nice stuff.

Tons of cashmere sweaters in all the stylish/popular designs.

I was most surprised that jackets/sportscoats were made by Isaia. These retail for just under $1K.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads