• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
nice piece, i don't think kunk's voice has any more weight than anyone else's on here so enjoy
You may not have noticed, but I love the Kunk. I even copied his haircut. Haven't seen you cop that much recently though. Recessionary spending?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I like Robert Geller more often than I don't I think. This is the piece I want from this season (Note: not a RP) -
main.jpg
Don't know that anyone in NA stocked it, though. It seems to me that Kunk's objection is sourced in Geller not being as interesting as Cloak was.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
You may not have noticed, but I love the Kunk. I even copied his haircut. Haven't seen you cop that much recently though. Recessionary spending?

He's great, all drinks will be on him when I visit.

Not much to cop, policy is not to cop unless the heat is hotter than what I own and it feels like we're in a design depression. I do have my eye on a few things which I will be pulling cop trigger finger soon and not much is designer but more stuff I can wear on the daily.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy a Geller knit, either that or the scar-knit cardigan
Both rule

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, it is, and while that sweater is a fine piece, it just drives me nuts that his aesthetic is all over the place. look at this vs. fok's new jacket.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
I like Robert Geller more often than I don't I think. This is the piece I want from this season (Note: not a RP) -

main.jpg

Don't know that anyone in NA stocked it, though.

It seems to me that Kunk's objection is sourced in Geller not being as interesting as Cloak was.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
mmm, cozy
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yes, it is, and while that sweater is a fine piece, it just drives me nuts that his aesthetic is all over the place. look at this vs. fok's new jacket.
Yeah, sometimes it's hard to remember that he's formerly of Cloak

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Which is odd because his first collection under his own name was incredibly focused, imo.

I don't think being all over the place is necessarily wrong - look at every McQueen collection ever, they're all pretty self-contained. I'm definitely not saying it's the same kind of thing with recent Geller seasons though and see where you're coming from.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I'm not baller enough, sorry dude.

That's not what I am saying. It's different if you really like those pairs, but I feel for the same price as you spent on all three you could get something you really like. Of course, if you really like it and got a good deal you can choose to ignore my comment.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2272.jpg
Kiminori Morishita oxfords to tide me over while I ponder if my quarterly bonus will be enough to cover the jacket I just bought and if we are getting a holiday bonus that might cover some carpe diem boots. Counter intuitive spending money to figure out if I have the money to afford stuff I've bought and hope to buy, but it seems to work. Curse you SZ classified section.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The aesthetic is all over the place, but the individual pieces are all so good and they work so well together. DBSS gives me the same vibe -- distinctive, cool pieces with absolutely no cohesion.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I can totally see where you are coming from, I just was thinking of this one blazer that I tried on from this season that is a ******* magnificent washed cotton/wool blend and was knotted and woven so it had the most insane and intense fit, it was ******* artwork. You do a lot of casual and I understand totally, style is style but I think you have what it takes to incorporate the grunge you do with the elegance of it. (I use grunge lightly)

It's ironic how I was originally attracted to Attachment for the dressier looks since I recently needed some clothes for a business presentation. Attachment offered more workable options in this area than brands like DBSS or Julius, yet was not far removed from my exiting style.

Is this the KK Attachment knitted blazer you're talking about?

kka_knit_blazer.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
The aesthetic is all over the place, but the individual pieces are all so good and they work so well together. DBSS gives me the same vibe -- distinctive, cool pieces with absolutely no cohesion.
Well ok, but I wouldn't go quite that far. There is definitely cohesion within each DBSS season. I own a lot of pieces by them and frequently I see cases where the only thing that makes a fit look right is to add another DBSS piece to the fit. Just because they choose to adopt a somewhat wider range within each collection than many other labels does not mean there is no cohesion. Often I wonder if some designers that look overly cohesive are actually taking the easy route by keeping everything within narrow bounds. The wider range present in each DBSS collection is part of their signature look, yet there's still an underlying style present that holds it together.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads