• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by virus646
That would be cool. They already killed the horse in no more than 10-20 mins, why not his wife?

You got a little attached to the horsie didn't you? I did too, but I thought it was cool (and sad) they offed it like that. Sets the tone that the show is not ******* around.

virus646

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
You got a little attached to the horsie didn't you? I did too, but I thought it was cool (and sad) they offed it like that. Sets the tone that the show is not ******* around.

I was already seeing the strong relationship that the protagonist and his horse would gradually build and the dramatic scene that would ensue by the end of season 1 when the horse would die by saving his rider from a zombie swarm...but instead we got that awesome gory of ''no ******* around'' scene. Yes, I feel the same as you about that. That's also why I expect and hope that his wife/bro would die in a close future or it would be quite booring.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
The entire world as you know it has completely changed and you don't ask why?

And of course it matters - knowing what happened will influence where your wife and child may be.

Who was he going to ask why too that would be able to answer it? I think the assumption was that its some kind of infectious disease, thus the talk about the CDC in atlanta in the first episode. I assume he was expecting to get answers there.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Who was he going to ask why too that would be able to answer it? I think the assumption was that its some kind of infectious disease, thus the talk about the CDC in atlanta in the first episode. I assume he was expecting to get answers there.

I guess this is what I was trying to get at. That and the cause of it all doesn't really matter when an undead monster is trying to eat you and your wife and child might be alive somewhere.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I guess this is what I was trying to get at. That and the cause of it all doesn't really matter when an undead monster is trying to eat you and your wife and child might be alive somewhere.

Dudes - he's in the house with the black dude and the kid. Stuck there for the entire night and safe from any flesh eating zombies. You seriously don't think he couldn't ask them WTF happened to the world while he was in a coma?

I don't think I'm reaching too far here. It's an obvious plot hole.

ppjjmm

Reaction score
Was it ever explained why he wasn't eaten/killed/saved while he was in a coma in the hospital? He just kind of woke up and it looked like he hadn't been bothered at all while the rest of the hospital was littered with bodies. The bodies he found outside that had been "put down" and covered with sheets seem to indicate the army had been there at some point.

And yeah, my first question to the guy/kid that first night probably would have been "wtf?".

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a plot hole. Personally, I think the question is irrelevant.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppjjmm
Was it ever explained why he wasn't eaten/killed/saved while he was in a coma in the hospital?

That too.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a plot hole. Personally, I think the question is irrelevant.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot.
I'd say it fits the general definition.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, but how important would this interaction be...

Frank Grimes: "WTF, why are there dead people everywhere!?"

Black Guy: "I dunno."

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, but how important would this interaction be...

Frank Grimes: "WTF, why are there dead people everywhere!?"

Black Guy: "I dunno."

Dude - if it'd been happening for a month and the army was involved, you don't think it'dve been all over the news?

son.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And how descriptive can the news be? Especially when some random government warning is involved. Remember the announcement that there might be some terrorist attack at a tourist destination in a major city in Western Europe. That **** was super vague and no one had any idea what was going on.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude - if it'd been happening for a month and the army was involved, you don't think it'dve been all over the news?

What exactly were you expecting them to explain that they didn't?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And how descriptive can the news be? Especially when some random government warning is involved. Remember the announcement that there might be some terrorist attack at a tourist destination in a major city in Western Europe. That **** was super vague and no one had any idea what was going on.

What exactly were you expecting them to explain that they didn't?

I'm not looking for an answer as to what caused the zombies, I'm looking for reasonable actions from a man who has just woken up from a coma to find his entire world has changed.

The fact that he hasn't yet asked ANYONE WTF happened is a glaring plothole. Whether they tell him **** just went crazy or that the government just sent the army out to start shooting everything or what, I really don't care. "I am Legend" handled this really well. This show isn't doing that AT ALL.

It'd also help explain why his wife just decided to up and leave his ass for dead in the hospital. Maybe the government told them to evacuate. Maybe she thought everyone in the hospital was dead. Who the **** knows. But to think he doesn't even care?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking for an answer as to what caused the zombies, I'm looking for reasonable actions from a man who has just woken up from a coma to find his entire world has changed.

The fact that he hasn't yet asked ANYONE WTF happened is a glaring plothole. Whether they tell him **** just went crazy or that the government just sent the army out to start shooting everything or what, I really don't care. "I am Legend" handled this really well. This show isn't doing that AT ALL.

It'd also help explain why his wife just decided to up and leave his ass for dead in the hospital. Maybe the government told them to evacuate. Maybe she thought everyone in the hospital was dead. Who the **** knows. But to think he doesn't even care?

The black guy and his son told him what happened in the first episode. Dead are walking and the government set up a quarantine in Atlanta and told people to go there. They also specifically said thats probably where his wife and son went to be safe. I don't think a bunch of exposition was really necessary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads