• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** - should I cross SF off of my American cities to visit list?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every chick in San Fran is a 6 who thinks she's a 9. All the hill climbing creates big calves - good for Johnny Drama, bad for the female figure. Regardless of where you live, the important bit is the relationships you make and the friends you have.
Originally Posted by TRINI
**** - should I cross SF off of my American cities to visit list?
To the contrary. It's very unique. Perhaps the most scenic US city. Bring a jacket and comfortable shoes - there's an almost constant wind off the ocean and the hills will blister you if you're not wearing something well worn in and easy on the feet.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Every chick in San Fran is a 6 who thinks she's a 9.

This is so true.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to add: when i find someone attempting to give a good SF bashing, they're usually from either NY or western EU.

Both seems to go to places with a chip on their shoulders looking to pit their own city against SF, despite the fact that SF is not NY or Paris.

I for one actually like the gritty aspects of frisco. How I can go from sleepy Forest Hill to visit my folks and then jam down market downtown in not-so-bad of traffic to union square and shop like an urbaniite, and then hop over to the tenderloin to grab a bowl of ghetto Pho and a viet sandwich, all while travellin g atotal of 4 miles.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
Just to add: when i find someone attempting to give a good SF bashing, they're usually from either NY or western EU. Both seems to go to places with a chip on their shoulders looking to pit their own city against SF, despite the fact that SF is not NY or Paris. I for one actually like the gritty aspects of frisco. How I can go from sleepy Forest Hill to visit my folks and then jam down market downtown in not-so-bad of traffic to union square and shop like an urbaniite, and then hop over to the tenderloin to grab a bowl of ghetto Pho and a viet sandwich, all while travellin g atotal of 4 miles.
Is Forest Hill actually part of San Francisco? I never knew that.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I don't necessarily like what we have done with the city w/r/t planning and architecture, but I can't think of a city with a better natural setting than SF other than possibly Naples. Not that I would call Naples a beautiful city...

Sydney.

Actually very similar to SF in many ways, just much nicer beaches, better weather and the harbour beats the bay.

Shame about the locals.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Is Forest Hill actually part of San Francisco? I never knew that.

wait are you serious? I can't tell the sarcasm of members with over 10,000 posts.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Just to add: when i find someone attempting to give a good SF bashing, they're usually from either NY or western EU.

really? i usually find that the biggest SF bashers are former or even current residents of the city. most Europeans that i know love it.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In light of the absolute unsuitability of the cities discussed above, I'm beginning to think we should terraform a small island with a utopian vision, populate it with only SF's finest peacocks, and see how long it lasts until we end up killing each other Battle Royale style. Or maybe it would become a successful enclave of peace-loving men who enjoy fine shopping and dining. We could ban the import and sale of UGGs, for starters. Further reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Minerva http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealand

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a car.

That said, I like the Aunt Charlie's Lounge, which is a rather divey homosexual bar with **********ac drag queens and a disco night.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I was shocked how few attractive girls were there. I saw about 10 of the "turn and look" variety when I was there over 5 days and about 8 of them were joggers on the Embarcadero. The transit was also disappointing.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wait are you serious? I can't tell the sarcasm of members with over 10,000 posts.
Only semi-serious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads