• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the Succinct trench in carbon. Wore it to work two days ago and through two thunderstorms. Not bad.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Don't own, but it seems like a update/upgrade over the Blazing, which was already a pretty strong offering in waterproof/breathable down. (I tested the Blazing, but didn't have one. I loved it).

Opinions seem split on offset zippers like that, but I like the look. Pieces like this are where Nau really shines.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Good call.

I think the Profile is one of the most versatile fleece pieces, and is pretty wind resistant thanks it tight weave and smooth face. Like all the Nau stuff, it doesn't scream "outdoor tech" so it works well in urban settings too. Shroud of Purrin looks more like tech outerwear, but is super warm, and more weatherproof--good in everything short of full on rain/snow storms.

And....

Perhaps the single best thing they make, IMO. Ultralight, super warm, and one of the best looking "puffies" out there. Their down is high quality so they don't have to overstuff it to have be really warm, and as such it still fits trim and looks great. Work as outerlayer or underneath something more burly when the weather is really ******.

Anybody know what kinda of temperature the down vest / shirt can take? In canada and thinking of grabbing one vest as a layering peice.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's kind of up to you, isn't it? Particularly if you're layering. Someone's 40-deg layer could be someone else's 25-deg layer.

Bingo!

Reaction score
Any reviews on the down scarf? Im considering buying one as a gift

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bingo!
Any reviews on the down scarf? Im considering buying one as a gift
its a scarf man! made out of poly. it looks awkward...

Selvish

Reaction score
^Don't own, but it seems like a update/upgrade over the Blazing, which was already a pretty strong offering in waterproof/breathable down. (I tested the Blazing, but didn't have one. I loved it).

Opinions seem split on offset zippers like that, but I like the look. Pieces like this are where Nau really shines.

Any idea on sizing? I'm 6-1" about 200lbs, athletic build.

Large?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check that out. Rheostat jacket.
101102_CURTES_998x1595.jpg
On a side note, while I like how my Loose But Not Slutty's have faded, I sometimes wish they hadn't. Great indigo color.

Selvish

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen that image. Like the jacket but not too sure on the green, so it would be the black one for me if any. Problem is, some images I've seen of the black, make it look a bit like a nondescript black blob due to the minimalist look and lack of obvious details. Just not sure.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
its a scarf man! made out of poly. it looks awkward...
Cool for ladies. Looks off on dudes.
Originally Posted by Selvish
Any idea on sizing? I'm 6-1" about 200lbs, athletic build. Large?
I'm 6'3"/180, fit but w/out broad shoulders. I wear a large in almost all their outerwear and it fits very well. Trim, but with room enough for some layering. I can size down on the down (har har) but then it's pretty close fitting. At 200, I think a medium would be too snug in the chest/shoulders, though unless you have longer arms, the arm will be long on you. They are long on me, and I take true 36 in dress shirt length.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Selvish
Yeah I've seen that image. Like the jacket but not too sure on the green, so it would be the black one for me if any. Problem is, some images I've seen of the black, make it look a bit like a nondescript black blob due to the minimalist look and lack of obvious details. Just not sure.

Well, that's what you get with most down coats.
laugh.gif
Go and buy it online. Customer service is really good about returns. They'll also probably figure out your sizing for you.

untungl

Reaction score
I'm 6'3"/180, fit but w/out broad shoulders. I wear a large in almost all their outerwear and it fits very well. Trim, but with room enough for some layering. I can size down on the down (har har) but then it's pretty close fitting. At 200, I think a medium would be too snug in the chest/shoulders, though unless you have longer arms, the arm will be long on you. They are long on me, and I take true 36 in dress shirt length.

Hmm.. I'm 5'11, 170 and I ordered a medium rheostat. I doubt I'd have to size up to a large, but we'll see.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Def don't size up. I think M will work for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads