• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
If I get one can I use it to call people?

There's an app for that.

--Andre

Willie5566

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I loathe people like you.

It's a good thing I could give two sh*ts what you think. Poor sap. You think you have some kind of power/influence over people on a forum.

Originally Posted by LVoer
I have a BB for work and an iPhone for home. Anyone who buys an iPhone for a business should just assume its wide open to the public and shouldn't be shocked when security is breached by a 14 year old with access to YouTube. If you rely on Apple for secure communication you deserve to get burned. LOL.

Exactly. If our National Security is depending on an iPhone we are all f*cked.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I hope this is true.
inlove.gif

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...m-sim-chip.ars

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but what's the best way to jailbreak my iPhone 3G? I figure since it's been over two years since I've owned it, might as well jailbreak it now.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel so ripped off by at&t, i just moved to LA - and wanted an iphone, because i loved mine in canada..

i get absolutely no service in my apartment, or office building..
the only place i can use the phone is literally in the middle of the street, its unbelievable..

i should have just got any phone from verizon, at least then i could pay for something i can actually use

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
I feel so ripped off by at&t, i just moved to LA - and wanted an iphone, because i loved mine in canada..

i get absolutely no service in my apartment, or office building..
the only place i can use the phone is literally in the middle of the street, its unbelievable..

i should have just got any phone from verizon, at least then i could pay for something i can actually use

Yes, because AT&T must be to blame. It couldn't possibly be a phone with a history of reception problems.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Yes, because AT&T must be to blame. It couldn't possibly be a phone with a history of reception problems.
I just returned from visiting my parents in Virginia where my iPhone, not the 4, was useless. My previous Blackberry wasn't any better there. I won't get another iPhone until I can get it from Verizon.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I just returned from visiting my parents in Virginia where my iPhone, not the 4, was useless. My previous Blackberry wasn't any better there. I won't get another iPhone until I can get it from Verizon.
If we are using personal experiences as proof of how good a network is, I had AT&T for nearly 12 years and have had maybe 5 dropped calls ever. Have had as many since I switched to T-Mobile as I have since 1998 with AT&T. Have always had signal where nobody else did, including Verizon. So there. There are a whole host of things that can cause bad reception. It's not usually the carrier. Most carriers, especially in metro areas have nearly 100% coverage. http://www.deadzones.com/2010/07/top...on-issues.html

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a load of crap. You can't get signal for **** when you're downtown in NY with AT&T. I can't get signal for **** when I'm downtown here with Sprint or AT&T. God forbid I walk into a building. I have to hug the walls and windows like I'm a possible jump risk.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
That's a load of crap. You can't get signal for **** when you're downtown in NY with AT&T. I can't get signal for **** when I'm downtown here with Sprint or AT&T. God forbid I walk into a building. I have to hug the walls and windows like I'm a possible jump risk.
Listen, if you are going to be an asshole, I'm going to go get some toilet paper. Why don't you try to have a conversation like a civilized ******* human being once in a while.? Boo hoo, you don't believe in science. I apologize for posting logic that explains your problem in depth. From now on I'll just insult people who disagree with me. Just like you.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow... iTunes still ******* sucks. I haven't synced my phone in a long time and just upgraded to v10. The multi-threading on it is still ass. If I convert file formats in foobar2000, it utilizes all the cores on my CPU and blows through tons of files quickly. iTunes does one conversion at a time, utilizing just over a single core on my cpu, and it takes forever.

Oh, and because they still won't do conversions on the fly, i still need to maintain separate media libraries unless I want to use itunes as a media center (not likely).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

This the dumbest **** I ever heard.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This the dumbest **** I ever heard.
I'm sure. Why not just ignore the actual facts of the situation. AT&T, in third party testing at the beginning of 2010, which I believe was previously discussed in this very thread - has been found to be one of the US carriers with the best overall signal strength/network availability, and on par with all other major carriers in dropped calls. They tested in most major metro areas, dozens of locations throughout each city, and IIRC, in only two of the top 20 or whatever major metro areas in the U.S. did they encounter any signal problems. I think it was San Diego and Boston. AND the current iPhone has a history of reception problems stemming from an unfortunate antenna design. As discussed previously in this thread, and addressed by Apple by offering a rubber bumper and a software fix that addresses the overinflated reception algorithm built into the iPhone. So yeah. What exactly is your problem?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics