• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you cry?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I cry often. Or at least, what seems often when compared to what other men say they cry. It's not a daily or weekly thing, but I'd say I cry several times a year. I've never really felt like crying made me any less of a man. Whatever. I'm pretty in touch and comfortable with my emotions, and when those emotions say cry, I cry.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I cry often. Or at least, what seems often when compared to what other men say they cry. It's not a daily or weekly thing, but I'd say I cry several times a year. I've never really felt like crying made me any less of a man. Whatever. I'm pretty in touch and comfortable with my emotions, and when those emotions say cry, I cry.

inlove.gif

dunga

Reaction score
My biggest cry was when I was seven and my older brother fed my turtle an alka- seltzer tablet to make him explode. It didn't explode, but the turtle got really sick and died.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunga
My biggest cry was when I was seven and my older brother fed my turtle an alka- seltzer tablet to make him explode. It didn't explode, but the turtle got really sick and died.

Jesus . . . .
frown.gif

i10casual

Reaction score
a little on the inside everyday
smile.gif
, but otherwise I'd say 2001 when my long time friend died of cancer at 27 yrs old. I was living with him and his brother in Chicago. Their father was visiting at the time. There is nothing like the sound a father makes when loosing a son. I can still hear it clear today.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, you're already down to one ball. It would be pretty hard for you to become less of a man than you already are.
rimshot.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Well, you're already down to one ball. It would be pretty hard for you to become less of a man than you already are.
rimshot.gif

lawlz. I am a hundred times the man you are, my friend. I have more testicular fortitude in my one nut than you could ever dream!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cried for the first time in 7-8 years a little over a year ago. It felt good. I've tried to make myself cry when in a bad mood since then, but failed miserably. Crying is so egotistical, it's sorta great. I don't really look at crying as weakness as much as saying "**** YOU, YOU HAVE TO FEEL BAD FOR ME, WATER IS COMING OUT OF MY EYES, THAT'S RIGHT." But I cried one time when I was 12 (moving,) and then again when I was 20 (girl + school + job) when I almost thought I had lost the ability. I feel like it would lose it's appeal if you did it often, I can generally appreciate "negative" feelings, as long as they're somewhat uncommon and short-term.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've cried a lot this year but as I said elsewhere, I had a horrible bout of depression for about 5 months. I cry frequently otherwise because I am a sap.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a ******, so I don't cry.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lawlz. I am a hundred times the man you are, my friend. I have more testicular fortitude in my one nut than you could ever dream!

Maybe by weight.
fight[1].gif

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I give moisture for the dead
I'am the Lisan al-gaib.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads