• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
All I can tell you is that his style is as high and tight, and as extreme, as I have ever seen. Once I saw a nice coat of his, on Uppercase, but otherwise it has been high kings of Scampia.

Noted. That's the way the photos look. I was just curious about meowmeoew's comment that he wanted to cut the shoulders in further.

This is one of the better threads on this stuff given that guys who have or are in the midst of buying NSM are posting comments and photographs, including guys who have been in Naples getting fitted up. So, it's not all Internet stamp collecting like has often been the case.

- B

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
The Mohairs I like are the 2 ply or 3 ply mohairs which are a different beast, a much crisper cloth. Usually 70% wool 30% Mohair. A word of caution, they do have a rough hand.

Thanks!
thumbs-up.gif

--Andre

dunga

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Naples version of one button suit with peak lapels? It would be kewl to see an Italian version of the Tom Ford lewk, like the pictures spoopoker posted.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Yeah, Dormeuil have a book (Ice?) which has Wool/Mohair/cashmere mixes. I've not seen it though.

If you want sexy cloth, Mohair is the one.

The Ice cloth resembles a worsted flannel more than the traditional look of a mohair/wool blend. The mohair adds body but isn't detectable in the look of the cloth except to add a touch of sheen to the cloth. There is a beautiful grey and white glen plaid with a light blue overplaid in the Ice book that makes up great.
I am cutting a medium to light grey chalk stripe from the Ice book for myself to know how it wears. The ones we've made tailored up well, just have not personally worn the cloth.

I think the Italian mohairs were more unique in the 70's and 80's. Larger variety of colors and patterns. Lots of stripes and cloth in olives and tans and browns. Deepest, darkest brown, almost black, was a favorite. Made a client a tuxedo in this shade, believe it or not.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
There is nothing about which that Minnis needs to apologize in a suit.

- B

Agreed.

I have one in what appears to be a similar flannel

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cappotto.JPG

Just because it's pretty. No other reason.

- B

What store is this?

-LR

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is one of the better threads on this stuffincluding guys who have been in Naples getting fitted up. So, it's not all Internet stamp collecting like has often been the case.

- B

+1

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can this mina do me a chalkstripe flannel jacket only if I gave her the measures of my best jacket?

I plan to fly Naples soon, I got flights for 20 euros from my city.

How much would she chargue me for an Attolini kind cut?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
Agreed. I have one in what appears to be a similar flannel
If this is the brown plaid from Brioni, it isn't anything like the Minnis flannel. Yours is much softer and looks llike the Loro Piana cloth with cashmere and is a high supers type cloth.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
There is a beautiful grey and white glen plaid with a light blue overplaid in the Ice book that makes up great.

Discontinued sadly. I went asking for it.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a Rubinacci coat made in the late 1930s.

- B

Thank you.

-LR

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a Rubinacci coat made in the late 1930s.

- B

You were commissioning coats back then? Does it still fit?

devil.gif

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
If this is the brown plaid from Brioni, it isn't anything like the Minnis flannel. Yours is much softer and looks llike the Loro Piana cloth with cashmere and is a high supers type cloth.

What Chris said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads