• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terriers on FX

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Good ep. I really thought Hank was going to hit the bottle at the end there. Poor bastard.

+1

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two weeks and two more great episodes. I loved the flashback quality to last night's ep; I hope they keep mixing things up like that. I do find all the connections they're making among the characters to be a bit much, but the rest of the show is so good I can forgive that.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nobody else? Seriously??

Well, looks like here's another series on the road to Cancelland....
frown.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watch it on hulu, so I'm a week behind. Really enjoyed the episode I saw this week, though.

I think this show gets better and better.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Two weeks and two more great episodes. I loved the flashback quality to last night's ep; I hope they keep mixing things up like that. I do find all the connections they're making among the characters to be a bit much, but the rest of the show is so good I can forgive that.
Just caught up on the flashback episode. Wow that was intense. I really enjoyed how they seamed the flashbacks right into the current day scenes. You guys think Britt will forgive Hank and/or Katie?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the 3 guys hank brought in, hope they stick around.

Humperdink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Nobody else? Seriously??

Well, looks like here's another series on the road to Cancelland....
frown.gif

The most comfortable show on tv right now. Everything feels lived in. There's more challenging TV out there, there's certainly more mindless entertainment, but Terriers is doing an impressive job of balancing between quick-and-easy episodic television (the Rockford Files, Law and Order influence) and overarching, humane storylines. The quirky small town-y atmosphere combined with early NYPD grittiness makes for an entertaining contrast, too - Hank forging the bank vps signature on his house loan after hearing the guy jump to his death seconds before. Or more perfectly, when Hank breaks tan suit's nose in the elevator after getting the guy to speak for the first time: violence and emotional destruction come out of nowhere in what seems to be a superficial buddy cop show.

I know, my entire commentary is empty platitudes. Whatever. Even more trite, Britt and Hank remind me of old high school buddies growing up in SoCal. One guy in AA, and the other guy about to end up there after his would-be-wife cheated on him with someone from school? Bang on. The characters' well-written banter, and the two actors' on-point chemistry really made the last episode's first meeting / last meeting (?) juxtaposition between Britt and Hank all the more potent.

So, **** the bad ratings - people don't know what they're missing. Hopefully the show can get renewed for just one more season, and the writers and co. can go crazy for 12 more episodes.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who? The nerds?

Yes, I like the dimension they bring.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Yes, I like the dimension they bring.

the poster before you mentioned the rockford files influence...the 3 nerds would be Angel if this was Rockford...awesome show,im entertained.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just caught up on the flashback episode. Wow that was intense. I really enjoyed how they seamed the flashbacks right into the current day scenes. You guys think Britt will forgive Hank and/or Katie?

Yes, though this will cause complications down the road.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
I like the 3 guys hank brought in, hope they stick around.

Yeah, I think they're a great contrast to Hank, Britt, and the cops.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody see last night's ep? **** GOT REAL!

I swear this is the best show on TV right now.

I most certainly did. Damn, I absolutely cannot wait for next Wednesday!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads