• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Four Horsemen x Viberg Service Boot

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Boot8-750x500.jpg

Viberg Boot has been hand crafting some of the highest quality footwear in the world for the last 80 years. With a rich history of supplying the local logging industry, it has only been in recent years that Viberg has branched out into the world of menswear. New silhouettes and non-tradtional materials have been utilized to great success in a series of collaborations mostly for the Japanese market.

Boot9-373x559.jpg
Boot15-373x559.jpg

With Four Horsemen being located less than five blocks from the Viberg all-in-one retail, office, and factory floor it was only a matter of time before a collaborative project of our own was in the works. We have been in talks with Brett Viberg and his father Glen for over 10 months and from the very beginning we knew we wanted to make something that would be easily wearable for ourselves and our customers. When Brett mentioned he had plans for a new Service Boot on a slimmer last, directly inspired by a pair of boots his grandfather had made over 50 years prior, our decision was made.

Boot10-750x500.jpg

The Four Horsemen x Viberg Service Boot features an upper made entirely of black Buffalo leather. The Vamp and Counter are done in roughout which has a nappy, suede texture, while the Quarters are done in the smooth side which shows off the matte finish and unique texture of the Buffalo. The contrast leather sole and stacked heel are accented by gunmetal eyelets and copper coloured thread. All of this is housed on a thin Vibram #269 sole and a deadstock Cat's Paw Heel. The toe is intentionally unstructured to allow for a slim profile and a shorter break-in period. The Four Horsemen x Viberg Service Boot is a boot that will last you a life time and truly get better with every wear.

The Four Horsemen x Viberg Service Boot will be available for purchase online on Monday, November 8th.

Check out our blog post for a couple pictures of the manufacturing process and the original 1950's boot that served as inspiration.

Feel free to post any comments or questions in here in the thread. I'll also try to update with some shots of them being worn.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
what's the pricing going to be like?

Looks like they will come in at $595 (CAD). I'll confirm that on Monday.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I couldn't be happier with how these turned out. I've had mine on my feet for the last 5 days and i can honestly say they are some of the nicest boots i have ever handled.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very cool boots, dig the shape of those very much.

YuppieSkuppie

Reaction score
Those look awesome. And are pretty similar in look to what I got them to make me custom (though I used the 110 last, which is a bit wider for my ridiculously wide feet).

Might have to come by and try on a pair, but 4HM always has too much other tempting ****!

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These'll look good broken in. Look a little blocky though, what size are the ones in the pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads