• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
this exchamge thing is taking way too long

You should have just returned them to Sears and re-ordered them again online. That's what I did..I fit into medium in the chambray and small in the heritage poplin by the way. Already got my correct sizes now.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
You should have just returned them to Sears and re-ordered them again online. That's what I did..I fit into medium in the chambray and small in the heritage poplin by the way. Already got my correct sizes now.

you should have told me this a week ago
facepalm.gif

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fair enough. ive been checking with their live help and they STILL haven't started the processing on my stuff.

this is the last time i order clothes from the internet.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's the 25% promotion codes? Its been a while, but these guys are kidding themselves if they think we're going to purchase at full price.

matt22616

Reaction score
Heads up, regular old Lands End has a sale on white and blue Hyde Park OCBDs traditional and tailored fit. They're supposedly the highest quality fabric Lands End offers. I kopped.

clarence_y

Reaction score
I got a code for 20 off 75 or 50 off 150 in my email:

Promotion code NOV8 and PIN 2639.

It's better than 25% off if you can get the right amount of stuff.

bombers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Heads up, regular old Lands End has a sale on white and blue Hyde Park OCBDs traditional and tailored fit. They're supposedly the highest quality fabric Lands End offers. I kopped.

How's the fit though?

matt22616

Reaction score
No effing clue. Taking a shot in the dark. Will update when they arrive. At $28 a pop they're probably worth it even if I have to have 'em slimmed a bit. As soon as the Canvas OCBDs go on sale I'm going to kop one just so I can make a comparison on quality/fit.

EDIT: As I mentioned earlier in the thread, was not that impressed w/ the canvas poplin fabric quality. And yes, I realize it's an $18 shirt.

eyeofthetig3r

Reaction score
anyone find that the new heritage pattern poplins fit looser? i have a medium and the fabric is thicker than the ones I bought in the summer. The cut is also looser in the torso

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppjjmm
Ordered the slim fit chinos and the "heritage poplin shirt" from LEC because it was very cheap and worth a shot. Terrible stuff. The chinos were overall what you might expect from the Gap or similar store but the cut of the pants was incredibly unflattering. The pockets flared out, added about an inch to your waist on either side. Someone reviewed them and called said it turned them into a pregnant woman - very accurate. Garbage.

Both items are going back and I will not be ordering from them again. Thumbs down.

Interesting.

I'd heard good things about the fit and quality of the chinos (at least given the price) over on AAAC.

I was just placing an order for some and looking for a coupon code here.

Anyone else have experiences with the LE canvas chinos?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eyeofthetig3r
anyone find that the new heritage pattern poplins fit looser? i have a medium and the fabric is thicker than the ones I bought in the summer. The cut is also looser in the torso

Hey I just commented about that recently. Yes quite disappointing. Be sure to leave review on LEC website. They feel like something you would purchase at Old Navy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads