• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
don't see how that is awesome, you guys are blinded by the beard
Either the vest needs to be larger or the shirt slimmer, looks like sausage casing

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
It seems like MC guys are like....2-4 sizes bigger than the average SW&D guy.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
FTFY

Originally Posted by shahanshah
aside from anorexics and circus troops i doubt you'll find many groups that aren't larger than avg sw&d

Partly true. But I don't think there are that many SW&D guys that are really really small. I'd wager the vast majority of SW&D guys are in the range of 36-40jacket and 28-32 waist. MC on the otherhand - not everyone is drastically larger, but there does seem to be quite a lot of guys that are 36+ waist and 44+ jackets... at least the MC Buy+Sell makes it seem that way (which sucks for me, I almost never see suits/sportcoats in 36).

themidship22

Reaction score

There's the back. I really don't think it's too big at all.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Partly true. But I don't think there are that many SW&D guys that are really really small. I'd wager the vast majority of SW&D guys are in the range of 36-40jacket and 28-32 waist. MC on the otherhand - not everyone is drastically larger, but there does seem to be quite a lot of guys that are 36+ waist and 44+ jackets... at least the MC Buy+Sell makes it seem that way (which sucks for me, I almost never see suits/sportcoats in 36).
You do realize that most mainstream stores in the US don't even sell 28-30 waist pants or a 36 jacket right? At least in Brick and Mortar stores. I'd say thats pretty small.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Dude you're crossing your arms to make it look tighter. Post it zipped from the front with your arms at your sides.
hahaha, i don't get it. who's he trying to fool? If it's too big, it's too big. It doesn't matter whether or not you deceive styleforum. additional comments on the fit: you mix brown boots with a black jacket, and jcrew suburban workwear (two shirts) with more edgy/moto leather. it's just not working.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
You do realize that most mainstream stores in the US don't even sell 28-30 waist pants or a 36 jacket right? At least in Brick and Mortar stores. I'd say thats pretty small.

Most places do sell 30 waist pants, though yeah 36 jackets are a pain to find in the US. But going by the US isn't a good measuring stick because -

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
America is just fat

Yep. Elsewhere in the world a size 36 is a small and much less difficult to find. In Japan and some other asian countries a small would be even smaller than a 36

nonissue

Reaction score
Yep. Elsewhere in the world a size 36 is a small and much less difficult to find. In Japan and some other asian countries a small would be even smaller than a 36

Just found a chart that suggests that Americans men are, on average, 3 inches taller than Japanese men. Surely that explains the difference?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most places do sell 30 waist pants, though yeah 36 jackets are a pain to find in the US. But going by the US isn't a good measuring stick because -

Yeah I suppose but not 29 and 28. and never a 36.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Yeah I suppose but not 29 and 28. and never a 36.

True, I was just saying that on SW&D there's plenty of guys that are sizee 28-29. Otherwise its much more rare

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
hahaha, i don't get it. who's he trying to fool? If it's too big, it's too big. It doesn't matter whether or not you deceive styleforum.

additional comments on the fit: you mix brown boots with a black jacket, and jcrew suburban workwear (two shirts) with more edgy/moto leather. it's just not working.

You think motos are edgy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics