• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West
Here's my sob story in a nutshell:
S/o thinks I'm doing stuff like lying and cheating and going behind the back.
The only thing "behind the back" so to speak that I was doing was shopping for a ring.

Pretty bummed right now especially because I didn't do anything, I'm too old for this petty immature stress and I wanted to get married.

Don't know what to do right now I'm so freaking confused....

She sounds like a winner. A precious prize that you should treasure always.
sarcasm.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't marry her. Your life will be misery and will surely end in divorce.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my shirt back. All is well now though. Stopped at a pub before I got to her house, did a few shots of tequila went to the house, got my shirt and got screamed at by her and her mum telling me I'm a horrible person and how the dads gonna **** me up. Its done now, she's gone from my life now.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I got my shirt back. All is well now though. Stopped at a pub before I got to her house, did a few shots of tequila went to the house, got my shirt and got screamed at by her and her mum telling me I'm a horrible person and how the dads gonna **** me up. Its done now, I'm going to leave her alone while she plans my inevitable murder.

uhoh.gif

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
She sounds like a winner. A precious prize that you should treasure always.
sarcasm.gif

LOL thanks for the words. Its been 5 years so winner/loser you can't help but be attached. I think I'm drawn to the troubled ones

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL thanks for the words. Its been 5 years so winner/loser you can't help but be attached. I think I'm drawn to the troubled ones

Me too. It's a bad habit.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my sob story in a nutshell: S/o thinks I'm doing stuff like lying and cheating and going behind the back. The only thing "behind the back" so to speak that I was doing was shopping for a ring. Pretty bummed right now especially because I didn't do anything, I'm too old for this petty immature stress and I wanted to get married. Don't know what to do right now I'm so freaking confused....
Run. Run like your ass is on fire. This is only a small glimpse of the life you can expect if you marry her. Reconciliation will only postpone things until the next time she flips out, then the next, then the next, etc. Not worth the drama and inevitable grief. Don't delude yourself into thinking this is an isolated incident. Marriage adds much more stress to the relationship - these meltdowns only get more frequent.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
keys vs locks

A good lock can only be opened by few keys, but a good key can open many locks.

Well that's some marsupialed bullshit.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive been hanging with this chick an it's been sorta wierd

So I had a few pints of stout with my boys from work after I finished a shift and I went to see her after. Went to my favourite place.

She held the door open for me and I said 'no, you go first' just being polite

******* exploded at me, telling me how she wanted to 'walk out' and I was so wrong bla bla

I said 'what, do you want me to abuse you? I was being ******* polite.' ate my martinni and went home

What a terrible way to end a good day

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
guys the best way to get revenge at your ex girlfriends is to post tittay pics on the internet

just sayin. not specifically looking for cheap debasing entertainment

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me at a job once. Another manager sent a company-wide email accusing me of sexually harassing her. She claimed that I was holding doors open for her so that I could look at her ass as she walked up the stairs. Which was totally untrue. This is the same chick who'd change her clothes in the office with other managers around, instead of using the dressing room. It was pretty embarrassing when someone from corporate in Canada came down to talk to me about it.

Of course, irony of ironies, the sexual harassment video states that nobody will ever be fired for being chivalrous and opening a door for someone. I have a copy.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was marsupialed, I think she was just pissed at the world and i was going to cop it.

I was saying the other day to her how I'm like that and she was like oh that's fine etc

Then last night, God.

Im fairly sure it was either that or self sabotage due to some vulnerability ****

She takes coke off random guys keys and flirts to get free drinks so it's not really based in reality

Sorta miss my girl I broke up with, she was a nice girl sans being gutless

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
The ex is flying back to LA to perform at a benefit concert... she called me out of the blue, we haven't spoken in 3 months, and said she would like for me to be there. I still like and care about her very much; but maybe it should be time to finally call it quits and drop out of the picture permanently. Should I show?

Went to the show. Went to a party after. Didn't bone. Not in the mood to bone+whiskey dick. Made out, heavy groping, lots of cuddling and drunkenly confessed our love for each other and promised that if we ever lived on the same coast we would give it a shot.

Jesus ****... blame it on the alcohol?

jeff21

Reaction score

welcome to the club

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads