• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
Now comes the good part. A few more shirts more and bingo....Kiton I've never seen one in real life, was gonna buy it no matter what. Awesome blue stripes. The price? $3.95 (with the discount $2.96) size 40 and perfect fit
Whaaaat?! Kiton? In Minnesota?! That's pure luck right there!
worship.gif
Anyway, I'm out of my slump. Well, for a little bit anyway. My brother and his friend came thrifting with me today as they wanted to get some sweaters for fall/winter. Came across a nice collection of recent (2006-2009) Zegna Su Misura suits. Five of them, to be precise. All 2 button, side vented jackets with flat front trousers. $13 each.
DSC03200.jpg
DSC03199.jpg
DSC03201.jpg
DSC03203.jpg
Also found a almost new genuine crocodile skin belt by Cale and a NWOT brown leather belt by Trafalgar. $2 each. My brother got 4 very recent Barbour crew neck sweaters. Made in Scotland. Really nice.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across a nice collection of recent (2006-2008) Zegna Su Misura suits. Five of them, to be precise. All 2 button, side vented jackets with flat front trousers. $13 each.
Let me guess: all your size, right? I might have to go thrifting the next time I am up in the Twin Cities!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close, but I'm not that lucky! These are a little tight. I can button the jacket, but I have no extra room at all. Not sure how much extra room can be let out to make the jacket a bit roomier. The belts work well for me, though! I don't think the tan striped one was even worn. All the tags are crisp, all pockets, even one interior pocket are still sewn shut! It's only one year old.

illeagle

Reaction score
picked up a sulka dress shirt.... passed on a holland & sherry shirt and a couple hawes & curtis shirts but wasn't in a spending mood

in other news, I sold a thrift store find to a husband of one of those housewives from one of those Housewives shows which is pretty interesting i guess

illeagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
^^ Wow - really? Care to mention what it was? I always thought those husbands were big-shots who paid retail at NM/Barneys/Etc.

t'was an '04 blue iridescent versace blazer. and i had similar thoughts

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random burgundy cashmere sweater for myself, Viyella made in UK sweater to sell, Levis 501's black in great shape with the full tag on the back to sell = decent afternoon.

Isaia tie at Filene's - $31 out the door. First bit of Isaia I've actually touched. Only one in the building, came from Barney's, I'm guessing because of a couple of nits and the back keeper being loose, which I can sew back perfectly. Not quite a thrift, but I would have paid $31 for it no matter where it came from! My wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm keeping this one.
teacha.gif

P1050911.JPG

lynch_king

Reaction score
Picked up 2 Christian dior ties i think they are fake though all the Christian Dior stuff i see always says moniseuer unless its Dior homme and these are defnitley not black enough or covered in enough spider print to be dior homme can anyone tell me if this is a real dior label? i also picked up a new with tags gap plaid tie, i was at H&M and thought about picking up the plaid tie there but it was polyester. the gap one was silk even if it was more expensive. (yeah thrift stores cost more than H&M!!!) the cuff links are from H&M $5 (they are alexander mcqueen cuff link knockoffs) they were interesting so i thought i'd buy them, damn thrift store wanted $10 for their ugly cufflinks
diorties.jpg

Xenos

Reaction score
Whaaaat?! Kiton? In Minnesota?! That's pure luck right there!
worship.gif

Anyway, I'm out of my slump. Well, for a little bit anyway. My brother and his friend came thrifting with me today as they wanted to get some sweaters for fall/winter.

Came across a nice collection of recent (2006-2009) Zegna Su Misura suits. Five of them, to be precise. All 2 button, side vented jackets with flat front trousers. $13 each.

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

DSC03203.jpg

Also found a almost new genuine crocodile skin belt by Cale and a NWOT brown leather belt by Trafalgar. $2 each. My brother got 4 very recent Barbour crew neck sweaters. Made in Scotland. Really nice.

Ummmm . . . wow? Great finds! Jeez. Not bad for a day's work.

Nashville

Reaction score
Great sweater, I love it when I find cashmere! two so far this fall one a cardigan and the other one a two ply v neck

chrisc

Reaction score
Found a Corneliani suit in 42R (well, some tag had the number 42 on it), but for some reason fit like a 38 or so. Fit was great, incredible quality.

Then I looked at the pants...

A urine stain inside that was the size of Texas.

*sigh*

lynch_king

Reaction score
more info on those paco rabanne ties i thrifted:
PARIS--Paco Rabanne has just signed a worldwide tie license contract with the accessories division of Ermenegildo Zegna. Paco Rabanne ties were previously under license with Prady since 1978. The change of licensee is part of a general restructuring program with a view to improving Paco Rabanne's international presence. The Paco Rabanne tie collection will be produced and distributed by Bolgheri, based in Novara, Italy.

sounds like i got a good tie

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on a long dry streak, but finally found something today. A bespoke shirt from Bowring Arundel of Savile Row. $1.99. Very well made. Split yoke, side gussets, MOP buttons. Fits me very well. The collar has a bit of a ring around it, so it'll get my stain treatment tonight.
What's your stain treatment? also, cool ebay stuff you're selling. I have a couple of those old Gralab timers (one thrifted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads