• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Nothing happened, really. I guess in a way, since she and I had been together for our entire adult lives, we grew together. Like it felt like I couldn't do this on my own, because I didn't know what being on my own meant. And I kept telling myself that I had to be back with her, I had to find a way to get us back together, I had to keep believing, blah blah blah. But when I stopped telling myself that, and just focused on my life and my career and just told myself to stop thinking about her every second of every day, I realized that it's over and that it's for the best.

sounds logical,now if you just dont go comparing every new chick to the ex (i know its hard) you just might come out of all this in one piece

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
sounds logical,now if you just dont go comparing every new chick to the ex (i know its hard) you just might come out of all this in one piece

I'm still not in a rush to get into another relationship. I'm happy just working 100 hours a week and spending the rest of my time drinking and SF'ing. I have a "coffee date" this weekend and already compare her to the ex, which is not much of a competition.
facepalm.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
single again after a 10 year relationship. naturally, i broke it off but still it ******* sucks like a motherfucker. prolly explains why i'm downing shots of Jack on a Wednesday evening.

and the thing that bothers me the most is if this happens after 10 ******* years, what's the ******* point of getting into a ******* relationship in the first ******* place?

now i'm gonna have to start dating again. i'm too old for this.

"drown myself it's just as well"

-Jeff

feels-bad-man.jpg

What finally broke it down for you? On good terms with the ex or plan to be?

Contemplating my current 5 year relationship, though it could just be compounded stress of my impending graduation and stuff.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
single again after a 10 year relationship. naturally, i broke it off but still it ******* sucks like a motherfucker. prolly explains why i'm downing shots of Jack on a Wednesday evening.

and the thing that bothers me the most is if this happens after 10 ******* years, what's the ******* point of getting into a ******* relationship in the first ******* place?

now i'm gonna have to start dating again. i'm too old for this.

"drown myself it's just as well"

-Jeff

Can't imagine what that's like, worse than most divorces probably since most marriages don't last 10. Keep fightin' buddy.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The loopy girl my friend is dealing with had a status about people pretending to be her friend and then talking about her behind her back. Then she deleted me and five or six other people, all of whom happened to be out consoling my friend the night he got dumped.

I haven't talked to him, but it seems pretty obvious he passed along some of the things we said about her and this situation. Proof that you're never too old to engage in petty middle school-level drama.

P.S. after talking with a buddy of mine, the confirmed number of dudes this girl has fucked in the last two years is up to nine.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Who cares about how many guys she's had sex with in the last 2 years? If a guy fucked that many you'd be telling him to get his average up, so the math has to work out somehow. Jesus.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
P.S. after talking with a buddy of mine, the confirmed number of dudes this girl has fucked in the last two years is up to nine.
so? when she starts doing nine in a month, you may have a reasonable claim for 'slut', but that's basically one dude per quarter with a bonus on New Years. What's wrong with that?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
^actually, women being women, more likely there was a little phase where she was seeing 3-4 guys at once and so 4 of those 9 happened in short order, and the other five spread out over 22 months.

men being men, your friend is just all pissy cos he can't get laid as often as she can, and no one in the world is having hotter gangbangs than his own ex inside his own head....but it's much easier to call her a slut than up his own game.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom

What finally broke it down for you? On good terms with the ex or plan to be?

Contemplating my current 5 year relationship, though it could just be compounded stress of my impending graduation and stuff.

stuff just wasn't working out and hadn't been for awhile. we're on good terms. she's still good people.

my only piece of advice for you is if you know it's over, get out and don't let it drag out. sounds cheesy but you don't get a second chance at life.

-Jeff

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Who cares about how many guys she's had sex with in the last 2 years? If a guy fucked that many you'd be telling him to get his average up, so the math has to work out somehow. Jesus.

keys vs locks

A good lock can only be opened by few keys, but a good key can open many locks.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

Yeah it's not the number, it's the fact that they know about it, meaning most of them would be in the same circle of friends.

could be kinda weird.

East2West

Reaction score
Here's my sob story in a nutshell:
S/o thinks I'm doing stuff like lying and cheating and going behind the back.
The only thing "behind the back" so to speak that I was doing was shopping for a ring.

Pretty bummed right now especially because I didn't do anything, I'm too old for this petty immature stress and I wanted to get married.

Don't know what to do right now I'm so freaking confused....

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
keys vs locks

A good lock can only be opened by few keys, but a good key can open many locks.

this may be my new motto in life

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics