• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
As far as I know the student discount is only 15% and they don't apply it to shipping. The states we'd have to find with college students and without J. Crew stores to dodge sales tax would be: Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Arkansas.

Good idea bro but the probability would be slim.

You forgot Minny and Pennsylvania. C'mon I'm in Canada and I know
biggrin.gif

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thoogsby
Just got an email saying everything at B&M is 25% through Saturday. I might have to hit up the Men's Shop, although I'm sure they're hiding the Aldens in the back room or something until Sunday.

Not valid on 3rd party branded merchandise. Aldens are not on sale.

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
How does that shirt look in person (the colors)? I live in Canada so no J Crew here.

I think the picture has a bit of a purplish hue to it and also the gold shows up a bit more in person. But I am talking about a minuscule difference here.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone will start a SS thread soon enough. Probably jet.

I dunno, nothing really jumps out at me as exciting and new. Panel pants look interesting and the shoes are great.

One thing that seemed different was the tonal pairings of jackets and pants. Tux jacket (midnight blue?) with blue trou, khaki jacket with differently hued khaki pants, for example.

alanjav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I'm sure someone will start a SS thread soon enough. Probably jet.

I dunno, nothing really jumps out at me as exciting and new. Panel pants look interesting and the shoes are great.

One thing that seemed different was the tonal pairings of jackets and pants. Tux jacket (midnight blue?) with blue trou, khaki jacket with differently hued khaki pants, for example.

Couldn't have said it any better...definitely like the Blue Alden Bucks.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alanjav
has anybody seen J.Crew's Spring 2011 line? Thoughts? Mister Crew posted up pics and different reviews here's the link:

http://mistercrew.com/blog/2010/11/0...eview-roundup/

Ya....very "apc"ish. The shoes do look like an improvement and I like the windbreaker toggle but nothing else really strikes my fancy. Those deconstructed chinos are the ones that went for like $3XX on the site I think...unbelievable.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Meh, looks like it could be a slack season for the Crew this time around. Can you say, "Boring"?

KPO89

Reaction score
Got some Wool University Coats with the thinsulate in my sig. Enjoy.

Poaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
As far as I know the student discount is only 15% and they don't apply it to shipping. The states we'd have to find with college students and without J. Crew stores to dodge sales tax would be: Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Arkansas.

Good idea bro but the probability would be slim.

I am a college student, there are two J.Crew stores within 30 minutes of my house in NJ, where there is no sales tax. I can proxy you guys stuff if you like, can visit my stores during breaks.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Took another look at the university coats in the clearance store today. Might have nabbed one but there were no Larges, only S, M, and LTs. BUT, it was priced at 120, which I think is still overpriced for this coat, and considering that the same store has the much nicer peacoat for 80 (and that last spring I got the peacoat for 40!).

Keroberos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Meh, looks like it could be a slack season for the Crew this time around. Can you say, "Boring"?

Perhaps your style is finally outgrowing the Crew.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keroberos
Perhaps your style is finally outgrowing the Crew.

I think Robert says this every season only to subsequently fall in love with the oh so soft fabrics and manly-man styles that J. Crew has nailed down. The outlet store always wins.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Clearance store, actually. Not outlet. Big difference

And yes, you're probably right. It's hard to judge by these silly preview photo sessions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads