• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jaygatsby28
I've had my eye on this watch for a long time, finally made the leap. Modified with a dark brown IWC deployment band.

Weirdest trait of the watch so far is the "wobbling" feeling it makes. I think this happens when it has been wound too much - the "circuit breaker" on an automatic watch. Any ideas?

photoad.jpg

Don't worry about it, the movement IWC used is based on the ETA/Valjoux 7750 (with much modification). The rotor is notorious for making the "wobbling" feeling, it's just the nature of the movement, not a design or manufacturing flaw and I would not worry about it.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
One of my favorite peices in rotation. The watch is currently under repair due to a mechanical failure, which was mildly disappointing since its been less than two years since I bought it. Fortunatly its still under Sinn warrenty.

The picture was taken under my girlfriend's bedside lamp using her 4 yr old Sony point and shoot.

sinn_watch.jpg

awesome shot Ben, shame about the failure of your Sin - touch wood i have not had any issue with mine Sin's yet!

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
Don't worry about it, the movement IWC used is based on the ETA/Valjoux 7750 (with much modification). The rotor is notorious for making the "wobbling" feeling, it's just the nature of the movement, not a design or manufacturing flaw and I would not worry about it.

Can't help but wonder the reaction if a $10 watch made that "wobbling" feeling.....

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
6309.jpg

/M

Lovely. I still hanker after one of those cushion-cased divers.

Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
i like seikos. sue me

vfBTv.jpg

Nice to see a fellow SBCM023 owner. Fantastic watch - the only one of my remaining small collection that competes with my Nomos Club for wrist time.

phantomx48

Reaction score
This is my first post in this thread, but I am big watch lover and own a few Panerai, Rolex and IWC among others. Today I went sporty with this special edition B&R:

photo14le.jpg

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
This is my first post in this thread, but I am big watch lover and own a few Panerai, Rolex and IWC among others. Today I went sporty with this special edition B&R:

photo14le.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of B&R, but this I don't hate.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
I find these watches UGLY. They look like "toy" watches. $700? LOL.
+1...before I got into watches. I still thought they look really funky. I'm saving up for a GO PML or possibly a IWC Port. It's going take a few months, but hopefully I can get some wrist shot soon
smile.gif

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
What do you mean?
smile.gif

You've posted three pics of it already in a short space of time. Which is fine by me, please show more of it by all means. I like the look of it immensely and I didn't even know Rolex made a quartz watch.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giromatic

Nice.

Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
I had an old auto Searock from the '70s - unfortunately looked like a poor man's Rolex. Ironically Roamer dates back to the 1880s from memory. Still, I had a lot of issues with the day/date mechanism on mine so I 'retired' it rather than continue to go broke getting it fixed.

I think the Chinese own Roamer now though they are still made in Switzerland.

They're still an independent Swiss company, although they had influx of capital a few years back from sale of shares, so the new shareholders might be a Chinese concern.

Nice Roamer

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads