• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayxlui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crashoran
Found this Roberto Cavalli 100% leather jacket
photo.jpg

It has some issues, but plan on selling, was wondering what you guys think it would sell for.

10 dollars

I'll buy it
laugh.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on a long dry streak, but finally found something today. A bespoke shirt from Bowring Arundel of Savile Row. $1.99. Very well made. Split yoke, side gussets, MOP buttons. Fits me very well. The collar has a bit of a ring around it, so it'll get my stain treatment tonight.
P1030498.jpg
P1030500.jpg

Chillax

Reaction score
Results of last 2 weeks of thrifting:

Hickey Freeman navy pinstripe suit- found the orphan coat then searched for the pants in the pants rack and actually found them- the first time I've ever succeeded in doing that
laugh.gif

Hickey Freeman 1978 camelhair houndstooth sportcoat-caught my eye as I was passing by the women's rack
bigstar[1].gif

Norman Hilton tweed sportcoat
3 Ike Behar dress shirts
1 Robert Talbott dress shirt
1 Robert Talbott Best of Class tie
BB navy blazer
9 Tommy Bahama silk shirts for 50 cents each at a church rummage sale
devil.gif

Florsheim Imperial longwings, barely worn
NWOB Bass Weejuns
3 pairs Bally loafers
Allen Edmonds Breton loafers in navy blue
BB by Alden captoe Oxfords
LL Bean full length duck boots, barely worn (a thrifting goal of mine
smile.gif
)

hmmurdock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Wow - you sir are on a roll! I've only once seen a PZ Sartoriale item in person - an orphaned suit jacket actually. The quality of that jacket was amazing. What size is it? Do you plan on selling it?
Suit is a European 50R. Pants are around 34 X 33 cuffed. Nice dark brown with light brown pin stripes. Haven't decided if I'm selling it or keeping it as amazingly it fits almost perfectly.

EBTX66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
You're telling me man. I go places I don't even really have time to go to - was 15 minutes late to class tonight as a result
ffffuuuu.gif

That's the story of my life! I don't care what is on the agenda, there is always time for some thrifting. I rarely get a large chunk of time just to thrift so it's one store on my lunch break, one on the way to class, one on the way home, etc. That usually means I'm about 15 minutes late to everything.

I think that's why you and I have such luck: we hit 10-15+ places a week. I have one spot alone that's worth a visit at least three times a week and it almost always delivers.

Your closet looks like mine. Strike that, your closet looks like my spare room just outside my closet because I can't even get into my closet anymore
laugh.gif

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
I've been on a long dry streak, but finally found something today. A bespoke shirt from Bowring Arundel of Savile Row. $1.99. Very well made. Split yoke, side gussets, MOP buttons. Fits me very well. The collar has a bit of a ring around it, so it'll get my stain treatment tonight.

Do you like those contrast collar/cuff shirts? I've never tried to pull one off, but maybe someday I'll give it a go. Definitely a very dressed up look.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually never had one until now. I figure I'll see how it works. It's funny, because I usually think of contrasting cuffs/collars as a very formal piece. However, this shirt is made from an Oxford cloth, which I think of as very casual. The combination of the two should make this a very versitile piece!

Last Year's Man

Reaction score
Found a pair of Church's tasselled loafers for £20. They're not in the best condition though...

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed on a number of items today, including a BB stain resistant tie that had a big stain on it, a couple of crappy Burberry's jackets, a Pal Zileri sportcoat with a strange zig-zag pattern on it and a Samuelsohn suit with a tear on the pocket.

But did buy a H. Freeman MTM suit, navy with light red overcheck. A tad too big for me but thought someone in the B&S forum would want it.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
... a BB stain resistant tie that had a big stain on it,...
crackup[1].gif

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm excited to share this with you. I hope it encourages you to keep up the effort.

I went to one of the most overpriced thrift stores this afternoon, it's 25 percent off day
for VIP members, Unique Thrift Store.

I was rounded the half way point of looking through the shirts, I came across a very nice
Turnbull & Asser shirt. I've only seen one once and it was shot. This was in perfect condition
and priced at $5.95 (so with the discount, $4.46). Size 40 and perfect fit.

Now comes the good part. A few more shirts more and bingo....Kiton
I've never seen one in real life, was gonna buy it no matter what. Awesome
blue stripes. The price? $3.95 (with the discount $2.96) size 40 and perfect fit.

I left behind a stained Robert Talbott (high end) for $29.99

It's fun, when it's fun!

Temujin

Reaction score
Saw and passed on two Wash and Wear Brooks Brothers suits. Also saw an orphaned Louis (tailor) coat out of Zegna fabric.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nada. Passed a Tom James bespoke suit, which looked nice but huge for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics