• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Newstyle

Reaction score
Man still no catalog. Now I want it just out of principle. It's just plain rude.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newstyle
Man still no catalog. Now I want it just out of principle. It's just plain rude.

The catalog for the last few month has been crap. Nothing in there you haven't seen.

Newstyle

Reaction score
I know and they have the catalog online, but I was getting 20% coupons in mine and I want to keep receiving them.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys buy J Crew online anyway? If you wait 1 or 2 more weeks, J Crew will have a bunch of staple items on sale. The online section will have their fake sales, while the B&M stores will start putting items on the clearance rack.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe, somebody with a student discount card should start proxying J Crew items.
If you live in a low or non sales tax state you could make a killing.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just did some math...
An order of 3 $65 shirts from the J Crew site comes out to $228.92 after shipping and tax in California. Buying the same 3 shirts at a J Crew B&M with a student discount card in a state with no sales tax is $165.75. A savings of $63.17!
laugh.gif

After taking out the $12 for flat rate USPS shipping, there is about $50 of savings that could be split between the proxier and buyer.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even with 1 $65 shirt you could make some money
$82.11 with shipping and tax in California.
$55.25 with student ID in state with no sales tax.
Shipping for 1 shirt will be like $6 giving the proxier and buyer more than $20 to split between them.
Somebody needs to start a Shadow J Crew online store now.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Why do you guys buy J Crew online anyway? If you wait 1 or 2 more weeks, J Crew will have a bunch of staple items on sale. The online section will have their fake sales, while the B&M stores will start putting items on the clearance rack.

I have to order the online stuff. Tall stuff is not carried in stores.
deadhorse-a.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I have to order the online stuff. Tall stuff is not carried in stores.
deadhorse-a.gif

Neither is anything interesting. Also, they never have my size on the clearance rack (XL).

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
PSA: 25 percent off all outerwear at my nearby b&m, which doesn't carry collabs. Should be the case at most b&m's.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

Very small men's section at the only B&M location within 2 hours of me.

thoogsby

Reaction score
Just got an email saying everything at B&M is 25% through Saturday. I might have to hit up the Men's Shop, although I'm sure they're hiding the Aldens in the back room or something until Sunday.

KPO89

Reaction score
Just did some math...
An order of 3 $65 shirts from the J Crew site comes out to $228.92 after shipping and tax in California. Buying the same 3 shirts at a J Crew B&M with a student discount card in a state with no sales tax is $165.75. A savings of $63.17!
laugh.gif

After taking out the $12 for flat rate USPS shipping, there is about $50 of savings that could be split between the proxier and buyer.

As far as I know the student discount is only 15% and they don't apply it to shipping. The states we'd have to find with college students and without J. Crew stores to dodge sales tax would be: Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Arkansas.

Good idea bro but the probability would be slim.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those of us in Canuckistan have to order online, unless we're able to find a proxy (I found one
laugh.gif
)

thoogsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
As far as I know the student discount is only 15% and they don't apply it to shipping. The states we'd have to find with college students and without J. Crew stores to dodge sales tax would be: Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Arkansas.

Good idea bro but the probability would be slim.

New Hampshire also doesn't have sales tax.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads