• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Damn kookz, you're gonna need a roulette wheel in your garage to help you decide which one to ride..

Haha, is that what you have to do?

I will probably sell the GS, it's just not made to do the type of off-road riding that I want to do on an around the world, which I'll probably try to do next year. And at 60-65mpg, the G650X Challenge is also going to be much better in remote places.

Zackb911

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Triumph bikes. I've had Honda's, BMW's Kawasaki's, etc. My current bike is an 02 Daytona 955i which I picked up for a song. It's 147 HP stock too.

IMAG0005-1.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
Haha, is that what you have to do?

I will probably sell the GS, it's just not made to do the type of off-road riding that I want to do on an around the world, which I'll probably try to do next year. And at 60-65mpg, the G650X Challenge is also going to be much better in remote places.

lol, I was afraid you'd say that. The easy thing is my bikes tend to have narrow applications. For example, I would never take that Forty Eight out for long term highway driving; the ride is too hard, and the lack of a windshield makes highway speeds very, very tiring. I am seriously considering buying either a Wide Glide or potentially a Super Glide custom. I like the Fat Boy and all, but the aesthetic just does not work for me. Perhaps in a few years. Meant to snap some Kookz type pictures today, rode up to the Smoky Mountains and spent a few hours getting lost on my Bonnie. Was a beautiful day for riding, but alas, my Blackberry hit the low battery mark to the point the camera could not operate..
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Zackb911
I'm a big fan of Triumph bikes. I've had Honda's, BMW's Kawasaki's, etc. My current bike is an 02 Daytona 955i which I picked up for a song. It's 147 HP stock too.

Nice. Although I have never cared for the sport bike look personally, I must say Triumph does it well, and they make a damn fine expression of it.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
That's f*cking hideous..

Yeah, Honda can't really style worth a damn. Especially compared to the much better looking Yamaha 250:
yamahayzr250r4abajo.jpg

Although those R1 eyeballs give me shudders.

hankwx

Reaction score
there's a yzf 250r? where? its not on sale in japan...looks nice!

hankwx

Reaction score
anyone in the socal region interested in a 250 kawi? 2009...1200miles...

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking mine into storage today.
frown.gif

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hankwx
anyone in the socal region interested in a 250 kawi? 2009...1200miles...

It is a total crap time to sell bikes, I want to sell my VFR and even at ridiculously low prices, nobody up here in SF is biting.

hankwx

Reaction score
dont flame me for saying this, cause im totally not up to date with wall street and economy. isnt economy better this year than the previous 2. like, a lot better. auto industry seems to be okay/recovered, but the motorcycle market seems really bad. its in the tank. suzuki did a carry over with no 2010 models this year. i would expect more people to get on bikes due to rising gas prices. MSF are offering more courses to encourage people to ride and ride safely. no one seems to be getting into 2 wheels lately. on the contrary, we are getting away from 'em. even harley has lost sales. two of my friends from la cycle sports left. one sales, and one mechanic. while no one is buying new bikes nor used bikes, Honda and Kawi and Ducati all came out with like 5-10 models/concepts for. are these gonna sell?
frown.gif

rohde88

Reaction score
dont flame me for saying this, cause im totally not up to date with wall street and economy. isnt economy better this year than the previous 2. like, a lot better.

auto industry seems to be okay/recovered, but the motorcycle market seems really bad. its in the tank. suzuki did a carry over with no 2010 models this year. i would expect more people to get on bikes due to rising gas prices. MSF are offering more courses to encourage people to ride and ride safely.

yes...no one seems to be getting into 2 wheels lately. on the contrary, we are getting away from 'em. even harley has lost sales. two of my friends from la cycle sports left. one sales, and one mechanic.

while no one is buying new bikes nor used bikes, Honda and Kawi and Ducati all came out with like 5-10 models/concepts for each. are these gonna sell?
frown.gif

Harleys and Ducatis are not what people sell their BMWs and use for transportation. I think people may shift slightly, but only if they already own a bike and car.

DrunkenMist

Reaction score
What up, I have been hoovering around this place for awhile and decided to join and since bikes have been a part of my life I thought this would have been a good place to start. Here's my bike i'm building atm a 82 XJ650 bobber.
15o9g1g.png

Kookz

Reaction score

no one seems to be getting into 2 wheels lately. on the contrary, we are getting away from 'em. even harley has lost sales. two of my friends from la cycle sports left. one sales, and one mechanic.

while no one is buying new bikes nor used bikes, Honda and Kawi and Ducati all came out with like 5-10 models/concepts for. are these gonna sell?
frown.gif

I'm certainly the exception, I've bought 3 bikes this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads