• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes shopping in Isreal

joegrec

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Israel for a couple of weeks in a couple of weeks on vacation.

I was not planning on doing any shopping but I figured I'd ask is there anything worth while to check out shopping wise in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem or Eilat.

Any other recommendations for these city would be good too.

tsmurfenator

Reaction score
There really isn't anything. Pretty much everybody shops in Europe or US.

In Tel Aviv the highest end mall is Ramat Aviv which has stores like Gant, Zara, etc.
There is also Kikar Hamedina which has some luxury boutiques like Gucci, Ferragamo, etc.. but it will be very expensive and double the price of anywhere else.

There are some outlet malls in Eilat.

The only local brand I know of is Castro which is a mediocre mall brand with lots of logos. Everything else is imported and much more expensive than elsewhere.
I don't know of any tailor or anything like that.
It's also pretty warm so don't expect any fancy outerwear or similar.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the only thing that I can suggest is that there are several stores that carry mid range (not high end) italian shoes - on dizengoff, gan hair, and kikar hamidina. not really special, but different from what you would get in the US. pretty much nothing else is any differnt than you'd get in the US.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there no good custom tailors in Israel? Given what a great tradition of fine tailoring the Jewish people have had and that many outstanding tailors have been Jewish, I find that surprising.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clothing? In Israel? אתה דפוק?
It's one of the few things I dislike about the country; the utter lack of style.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what everyone else has said is true. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for while in Israel or are you just looking for general clothing shopping?

-LR

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Are there no good custom tailors in Israel? Given what a great tradition of fine tailoring the Jewish people have had and that many outstanding tailors have been Jewish, I find that surprising.

6 years ago there was a small handful of tailors - good, but not great, mostly over 55 or 60. I used the last shirtmaker in the country for a while, and I used one of the last suitmakers. I am guessing that none of them are still working.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I love Israelis, but pretty much every one I know dresses like they're about to perform a Russian mob hit.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
I love Israelis, but pretty much every one I know dresses like they're about to perform a Russian mob hit.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

-LR

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel

Not really. Now they are fighter pilots, Mossad agents, and Ph.Ds.

Icarus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Not really. Now they are fighter pilots, Mossad agents, and Ph.Ds.

and also tour guides, now shut yoar face!

FE-X

Reaction score
Shopping wise

What every one else said but do look into the the naot sandals and clogs they are awesome, I think the factory is somewhere up north ......very good quality
Also Steve's Pack Jerusalem.

Restaurants

Jerusalem has some great schwarma and falafel stands as well steak houses dairy places around town (Ben Yehuda and Eimek Refaim)
Be sure to check out the Western Wall - Tunnel Tours, Jerusalem Market place (Machaneh Yehuda) the Begin Museum as well.

Tel Aviv - Diaspora Museaum....and the the beaches and boarwalk there

Eilat - Snorkeling, ATV's Hiking gorgeous city....great food as well

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FE-X
Shopping wise

What every one else said but do look into the the naot sandals and clogs they are awesome, I think the factory is somewhere up north ......very good quality
Also Steve's Pack Jerusalem.

Restaurants

Jerusalem has some great schwarma and falafel stands as well steak houses dairy places around town (Ben Yehuda and Eimek Refaim)
Be sure to check out the Western Wall - Tunnel Tours, Jerusalem Market place (Machaneh Yehuda) the Begin Museum as well.

Tel Aviv - Diaspora Museaum....and the the beaches and boarwalk there

Eilat - Snorkeling, ATV's Hiking gorgeous city....great food as well

Definitely try as much falafel, and or schwarma as you can, if you have been to Israel before, you will know why I am saying this. These foods taste better in Israeli than anywhere else in the world in my opinion.
Naot Sandals are nice, and can be purchased for much less in Israel than they can be in the states. Worth checking out, I often wear them during the summer for running errand or when going to the beach.
Steves packs are really just a novetly, but if you like them, go ahead. I am always pro supporting the Israeli economy.

-LR

fomar

Reaction score
Palestian Olive oil..............excellent.

I am pro supporting the Palestine economy.

Have a safe trip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads