• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Or at least I used to. I don't need the rubber band anymore though. That was like 8 weeks ago. Now I've come to terms with it being over. I'm not "over" it, but I know that it's actually over, forever.

do you mind telling us what happened?
couple weeks back you pretty much had the opposite mindset when i was trying to tell you this.
im in no way trying to rub it in or the i told you so thing,im really asking.
(if its not too personal,well it probably is)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
Haha, I think it is some sort of itch after not being single for a minute, when that is what i'm used too.

Im just wondering if its merely an itch that can go unscratched, and ill realize I am much better off staying with this girl, which is what my gut is telling me, or if its something thats true and I need to bounce.

I just think I know very well that I will regret it if I leave, **** is weird.

I dont know if I say it now, cause I havent done it, but im not so sure that I would feel a lot of guilt or bad if I just cheated on her. But thats before the fact, after the fact I might be guilt ridden and **** will crumble cause of me, then Ill realize the dipshit mistake I made. Blahhh.

I don't know what to tell you other than STOP BEING STUPID.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy

kwilkie has been a lot better since he and Tomgirl started having Skype sechs.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
kwilkie has been a lot better since he and Tomgirl started having Skype sechs.

i think shes in my neck of the woods,maybe i can get him a pair of used panties to put under the pillow?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solid advice once again, but being me ill stupidly ignore it all, thanks to all though.

This is probably a mistake, but I pretty much booty texted this somewhat skanky girl who was all over me, but then I met my gf and deaded her.

She seems dtf, I have a nervous,jittery anxiety about it all, but at the same time it feels thrilling.

Made plans with her, she knows the deal. Dont know if when it comes down to it ill go through with it, but I want to see. Consider this a self experiment.

I really have no idea what im doing here.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Solid advice once again, but being me ill stupidly ignore it all, thanks to all though.

This is probably a mistake, but I pretty much booty texted this somewhat skanky girl who was all over me, but then I met my gf and deaded her.

She seems dtf, I have a nervous,jittery anxiety about it all, but at the same time it feels thrilling.

Made plans with her, she knows the deal. Dont know if when it comes down to it ill go through with it, but I want to see. Consider this a self experiment.

I really have no idea what im doing here.

lurker[1].gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If things work out with the skank, can I have your perfect girlfriend?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
If things work out with the skank, can I have your perfect girlfriend?

dude she's had sex with like TEN people now. you don't want that!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Solid advice once again, but being me ill stupidly ignore it all, thanks to all though. This is probably a mistake, but I pretty much booty texted this somewhat skanky girl who was all over me, but then I met my gf and deaded her. She seems dtf, I have a nervous,jittery anxiety about it all, but at the same time it feels thrilling. Made plans with her, she knows the deal. Dont know if when it comes down to it ill go through with it, but I want to see. Consider this a self experiment. I really have no idea what im doing here.
That's right... give in. YE-E-E-E-E-E-SSSS.
icarus.PNG

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
single again after a 10 year relationship. naturally, i broke it off but still it ******* sucks like a motherfucker. prolly explains why i'm downing shots of Jack on a Wednesday evening.

and the thing that bothers me the most is if this happens after 10 ******* years, what's the ******* point of getting into a ******* relationship in the first ******* place?

now i'm gonna have to start dating again. i'm too old for this.

"drown myself it's just as well"

-Jeff

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
couple weeks back you pretty much had the opposite mindset when i was trying to tell you this.
im in no way trying to rub it in or the i told you so thing,im really asking.
(if its not too personal,well it probably is)

Nothing happened, really. I guess in a way, since she and I had been together for our entire adult lives, we grew together. Like it felt like I couldn't do this on my own, because I didn't know what being on my own meant. And I kept telling myself that I had to be back with her, I had to find a way to get us back together, I had to keep believing, blah blah blah. But when I stopped telling myself that, and just focused on my life and my career and just told myself to stop thinking about her every second of every day, I realized that it's over and that it's for the best.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
single again after a 10 year relationship. naturally, i broke it off but still it ******* sucks like a motherfucker. prolly explains why i'm downing shots of Jack on a Wednesday evening.

and the thing that bothers me the most is if this happens after 10 ******* years, what's the ******* point of getting into a ******* relationship in the first ******* place?

now i'm gonna have to start dating again. i'm too old for this.

"drown myself it's just as well"

-Jeff

Jesus, 10 years.
eh.gif
. I thought I had heartbreak.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
dude she's had sex with like TEN people now. you don't want that!

just 10? sf skank level is 12 minimum!

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Nothing happened, really. I guess in a way, since she and I had been together for our entire adult lives, we grew together. Like it felt like I couldn't do this on my own, because I didn't know what being on my own meant. And I kept telling myself that I had to be back with her, I had to find a way to get us back together, I had to keep believing, blah blah blah. But when I stopped telling myself that, and just focused on my life and my career and just told myself to stop thinking about her every second of every day, I realized that it's over and that it's for the best.

please don't ruin it for all of us who grew up watching nora ephron chick flicks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics