• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

mikecch

Reaction score
Thanks pronxs. My design in 15 oz leather is $80 shipped to Australia (but I had it shipped with my mail-bag). I think for his regular 13 oz belt without the custom-shaped tip, it's closer to $60. Best to drop Scott a line - wonderful man to deal with, very polite and punctual
smile.gif
Mmm, I'm actually working on a modified design of my Unlucky belt...will probably ask him to make it for me next year.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Just got pictures of the bag Scott made me and I wanted to share.
pa210502.jpg
pa210506.jpg
I'm going to Obenauf's/snoseal it myself once it arrives and it's made of 7oz veg tanned wicket & craig cowhide with 9oz horween horsehide trim. Looks absolutely sick and it can be used as either a briefcase or messenger. We'll have to see which I prefer. Also, I just wanted to reiterate that Scott is incredible to work with and he is very patient. I've been incredibly indecisive with the details of the bag and Scott has accommodated all of my tweaks and let me know when things just wouldn't work out. that is all.

altemp

Reaction score
Awesome bag, just like the one I'm trying to get made. Any idea how long it takes Scott to get back to emails? I sent one about 2 weeks ago.

rauyeu2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
Awesome bag, just like the one I'm trying to get made. Any idea how long it takes Scott to get back to emails? I sent one about 2 weeks ago.
Try resending it because it probably went to his Junkmail or he may have overlooked it. I sent him a email about 3-4 weeks ago but he never replied. I sent him another one this past week and he replied to that and I have placed an order with him already. He is quite slow with his emails imo, so the best thing to do is to place all your concerns in a long email so you can get an order going asap!

DanielCoffey

Reaction score
Has Scott's website changed? When I try to visit it I get a generic placeholder by the host, WebFaction.

NoahRose

Reaction score
does anyone know how thick scott's billfold wallets are? are they easy to fold and do they bulge out of the pocket a lot?

ltb

Reaction score
^ at the widest part of mine with cards in each of the 6 slots, it's about 7/8" thick when relaxed. doesn't bulge any more than a typical wallet seems to, but it did a bit before the leather broke in.

also i just got my messenger bag from scott last week. so so awesome.

DanielCoffey

Reaction score
I am still getting the "Site not configured" error when I try to visit Scott's website. Can someone verify if the site is working or not please?

srendam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
Thanks pronxs.

My design in 15 oz leather is $80 shipped to Australia (but I had it shipped with my mail-bag).
I think for his regular 13 oz belt without the custom-shaped tip, it's closer to $60.

Best to drop Scott a line - wonderful man to deal with, very polite and punctual
smile.gif

Mmm, I'm actually working on a modified design of my Unlucky belt...will probably ask him to make it for me next year.

Wish I knew this before I ordered my corter. Does anybody know how much he charges for a bifold wallet?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does Unlucky typically take to respond to an initial email? I sent one a couple nights ago asking for some belt pictures, as I'm looking for a natural horsehide belt or something similar.

DanielCoffey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skitlets
How long does Unlucky typically take to respond to an initial email?

I got a reply the working day after I posted, swapped a few quick replies and my order is now in the pipeline. For little things like wallets and so on, his work queue seems to be around a week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads