• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Mina and Dino went to our little Neapolitan restaurant last night. Verdict?

I have no idea why they went there, however, given the location of their hotel. I hope that it wasn't because of this thread.

- B

I'd hate to think that banned members... lurk :shudder:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Charming couple, a real delight. I'll see them again in a month or so.
Is that it? Is this all you're going to report on your first meeting with NSM? Disappointing to say the least.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Is that it? Is this all you're going to report on your first meeting with NSM? Disappointing to say the least.

What else would there be to report? I assume they just took measurements.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
What else would there be to report? I assume they just took measurements.

What did he think of the measurement process, the cloth availability, M & D's understanding of what he'd like, was he specific about details or not, what did he order, did he also get shirts, ties, did she tell him to eat less pasta (like she did for me
frown.gif
)

Many things to report

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Lookin' good, Eddie. (You too, Ed). It was a great treat to visit Mina and "shop" in Naples.

Btw, I think the pizza in the photo is actually, like many SF members, half-fried and half-baked.

Originally Posted by medtech_expat
+1

Qualche mese fa, da Starita ho mangiato la Pizza Montanara....(mezza cotta al forno e mezza fritta) INCREDIBILE BONTA'!
due centissimi, per loro chi parlanno Italiano
smile.gif

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
due centissimi, per loro chi parlanno Italiano
smile.gif

E io che cosa ho detto? Questo forum e' pieno di sapientoni e complottisti (scoperta dell'America). Ti portano in un ristorantino fuori Napoli, e qualcuno va a pensare che il cibo non e' autentico. Mah.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice post. If only I had the means to pay a visit to Naples for such an outfit.
frown.gif

On the pizza front, I prefer the non-Neapolitan thin crust style. More topping, less pasta.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
What did he think of the measurement process, the cloth availability, M & D's understanding of what he'd like, was he specific about details or not, what did he order, did he also get shirts, ties, did she tell him to eat less pasta (like she did for me
frown.gif
)

Many things to report

Jeez Louise.

1. NSM's job will be to replace my pile of largely summer/casual Borrelli, Barbera, and Attolini.

2. I will send them to a better hotel next time they come up. The inn was in a great location for visiting, but not for seeing clients. The help there is also very disorganized.

3. She's lovely, charming, and passionate about the product that she offers. I approve of this. Dino seems like a great guy, well turned out in a NSM jacket and pants.

4. The three of us first chatted for about half an hour about many things. She's ramping up her business successfully, but the mechanics of doings so are becoming challenging, so I went through some things with Dino and her. We talked about food and travel. Very pleasant.

5. She then did measurements, calling out the numbers to Dino. She was confident and knowledgable...the process wasn't quite as formal or extensive as what happened with Steed, though (Edwin did the measurements with his brother John of Castle Tailors doing the recording, but there was also discussion between the two as it was being done and more numbers.) Since she does at least a baste and also a forward fitting, I don't think this is a problem since many things can be addressed at the first fitting to get the pattern gelled in. She took photographs for posture and so on...that is something the English do not usually do, I think.

5. She confirmed that she has here own stable team of makers now. I did not press her on that.

6. We were stylistically in synch. First item will be a SB suit, notch lapel of the width that you see on Ed and Eddie, 3 roll two, double vents, welt breast, flapped hip out pockets, manica camicia, quarter lined. Pants will be flat front, slim, no back pockets, no belt loops, side adjustors, button fly. Dino and she seemed assiduous in recording configuration details, including what pockets where on the jacket.

7. I did not look at her cloth offerings since I had brought in a suit length of a Huddersfield dark blue 10oz-ish birdseye woven for Huntsman. I had meant to bring in two suit lengths of Hardy corduroy also, but couldn't find it in the boxes we still have from moving. So, I'll bring that in when I see her next sometime in early December. The cord suits will be the same as above but with patch hip pockets.

8. We then chatted some more about food and travel. I was there a bit over an hour, but did not have time at the end to discuss ties or shirts.

Overall, I loved meeting them. She seems ambitous and thoughtful, and I hope that the volume of her business doesn't outstrip the style of client interaction that she wants to practice. I can see why those of you who are already clients like her so much.

- B

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
So did she tell you to lay off the pasta?

+ ?

frown.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
you guys talking to vox?

yeah - the answer for you is in your avatar

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads