• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Need a mid-grey sock that is not one single tone of grey. The grey suits I have actually contain a few different colours of thread and a single tone grey sock looks odd. I don't need the slacks and socks to match, but if the socks had the same subtle variation, it would look better.
This is an example of a sock that uses a few colours of thread:
zOFE2l.jpg

Bandit44

Reaction score
Received mine today. Shipping took a month, but the socks are worth it. I have long toes and these are the first socks that don't constrict my toes. I am definitely ordering more.

On a side note, I wasn't too pleased with the charcoal socks. Order two pair and they were significantly different in color. The first pair was a true charcoal-- essentially a light black. The second pair was a sort of bluish gray color and a shade lighter. Probably should have gone with black. Both pairs are perfectly serviceable, but not uniform. I'll gladly wear them anyway.
laugh.gif

Charcoal socks
IMG_0036.jpg

rickimky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CustomWorks
Thanks much appreciated.. i hate having too big of a sock and having it fall.

btw, do you guys stick yours in the dryer? or all air dry?

Well, I wear US Sz 10 shoes and my first order of Sz 10 socks were big and kept falling. I'd suggest you try a half size smaller if you haven't already placed your order.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandit44
Received mine today. Shipping took a month, but the socks are worth it. I have long toes and these are the first socks that don't constrict my toes. I am definitely ordering more.

On a side note, I wasn't too pleased with the charcoal socks. Order two pair and they were significantly different in color. The first pair was a true charcoal-- essentially a light black. The second pair was a sort of bluish gray color and a shade lighter. Probably should have gone with black. Both pairs are perfectly serviceable, but not uniform. I'll gladly wear them anyway.
laugh.gif

Charcoal socks

Thanks for kind comments and sorry for the mistake
Actually its not common but lighter one must be passed accidentally by quality control.
Its really good to know that you liked the socks and thinking of ordering again.
take care
Kemal

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
Kemal, I've ordered a pair of sky blue midcalf winter socks about 6 weeks ago. I really like the color and fit, but the blue pair now has the seam at the top of the toe coming undone. I've worn this pair 6 or 7 times, so it might be a production error.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GasparddeColigny
Kemal, I've ordered a pair of sky blue midcalf winter socks about 6 weeks ago. I really like the color and fit, but the blue pair now has the seam at the top of the toe coming undone. I've worn this pair 6 or 7 times, so it might be a production error.
Sorry for the socks, have you contacted us about that ?
If not, please contact us we will do our best to solve it.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GasparddeColigny
Sorry for the socks, have you contacted us about that ?
If not, please contact us we will do our best to solve that.

TDP

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am planning to order a large batch, but no longer see at
http://neweshop.viccel.com/
the 20% SF discount that Kemal Onyurt advertises in his signature. Is that still valid?

Thanks!,
TDP

TDP

Reaction score
Yes, it does; I understand now that I should have followed a link to the page from within SF. Thanks, Kemal!

JDMills

Reaction score
I ordered several pairs on the 16th of October and didn't get an email that they've shipped and when I email Viccel I don't get an answer, is this normal?

viator

Reaction score
I bought two pairs of the black wool/silk blend and I have to say I have not been pleased. Two of the socks developed holes in the heels after only a few wears, and the color drained out of them after 1-2 washes. They are a greenish color now.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JDMills
I ordered several pairs on the 16th of October and didn't get an email that they've shipped and when I email Viccel I don't get an answer, is this normal?

No it is not normal. Usually he responds quickly. I love their socks, but they have a problem with shipping. I have received three orders and they all take 4 to 6 weeks. It isn't customs that is holding them up. The shipping method is simply too slow. I originally thought that they took an inordinate amount of time to process the order and prepare it for shipping. I have been told that this is not the case, but rather it is simply shipping time.

My suggestion would be to increase the price of the socks or increase the shipping fees and figure out a way to ship quicker. People are not used to waiting so long for a RTW item. These are not custom goods. I believe the long waits will cause more frustration and loss of customers than a price increase would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads