• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M x Lanvin Collaboration

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Looks like H&M.

Pass.

Yeah, looking at the pics again you can see the quality sucks. The blazers looks stiff and materials look cheap.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Yeah, looking at the pics again you can see the quality sucks. The blazers looks stiff and materials look cheap.

The pants look pretty gross, too. Tissue paper.

lynch_king

Reaction score
what is the pricepoint?

some accsessories are worth picking up?

also do they tell you what stores it is avalible in?

Brosef

Reaction score
Son, I am dissappoint.
Might get the trench and a cardigan just because they look pretty basic and cheap. Otherwise, nopppppppe.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know what you're all whining about. It's not as if they were going to come out with $50 LANVIN HIGH TOPZZ (which imo were overhyped 3 years ago so..) and undercut their own market. This all looks quite nice and very wearable, and pretty much what I expected. Of course the quality won't be awesome, but I'd cop sweats + slim pants + two of the blazers and maybe a t-shirt if it's some sort of wide release and I don't have to stand in line. Besides the vest I'd wear all of it, and definitely can't say the same about H&M as a whole.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** looks like iconic lanvin

all you will be perpetrators anyway

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
It all looks just like H&Ms normal stuff. Its also priced pretty much the same too.

are we looking at the same stuff? sure yeah you can get cardigans and slim pants from normal h&m but the statement pieces--i.e. the accessories, smoking jacket/blazers, sweats and metallic shoes all scream lanvin

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course it looks like HM, it also looks like Lanvin. Lanvin is not known for avant-garde design, it'is all about delicate materials and lux feel. Obviously from that angle that collab is the dumbest **** ever but I don't get all the whining. I'm pretty sure some of this stuff is exact copy of exisiting Lanvin pieces, what were ppl expecting ?

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
are we looking at the same stuff? sure yeah you can get cardigans and slim pants from normal h&m but the statement pieces--i.e. the accessories, smoking jacket/blazers, sweats and metallic shoes all scream lanvin

I live in Toronto and at the H&M location downtown at the Eaton Center they sell their higher end mens line and I have actually seen stuff there that looks pretty much identical to all of that at one point or another. Shiny shoes, smoking jackets, trench coats. All of it.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did they say when this collection is going to hit stores?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
It all looks just like H&Ms normal stuff. Its also priced pretty much the same too.

lol. you're marsupialed. it looks like it was all inspired by FW2008 which is actually one of my favorites and represents the "traditional" lanvin homme.
current FW2010 is not traditional lanvin. i dont know why people expected it to be a copy of the current mainline.

the suits and shoes look good from a distance (on the nitrolicious site). im guessing the quality will be pretty bad though.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
did they say when this collection is going to hit stores?

nov 23

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yeah, I get how this is disappointing if you were expecting some kind of postapocalyptic inspired collection

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads