• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Ghumbs

Reaction score
I've just recently began looking into finding some nice moc-toe boots for this fall/winter. I like the overall style of the Quoddy Maine Woodsman but would like to see some similar options. I looked through Yuketen's offerings and, while I absolutely love the upper, the soles are just too bulky. I know I can get them resoled, but I'd like to find some more options. Are there any other boot makers out there I should be looking at?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I really want a pair of these, but won't pay retail. I keep finding other F + B shoes and boots on discount, but have yet to see these anywhere on sale.

EDIT: Does the way the leather on top kinda flaps out like it does make them ever awkward to wear with your pants leg over them?

lol. the most popular styles and colors of certain items don't really go on sale like the others. Like how regular paul smith starrs don't really go on sale but the seasonal colors/textures and stuff will. Unless you're talkinga bout supermarket/buy&sell and even then they're really rare on there and i rarely see them and if i do it's not really that much cheaper and sizing is a crapshoot. There's a reason most people just give in and pay retail

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol. the most popular styles and colors of certain items don't really go on sale like the others. Like how regular paul smith starrs don't really go on sale but the seasonal colors/textures and stuff will. Unless you're talkinga bout supermarket/buy&sell and even then they're really rare on there and i rarely see them and if i do it's not really that much cheaper and sizing is a crapshoot. There's a reason most people just give in and pay retail

I have had good luck finding deals on Ebay for new F + B's. Usually priced at a steal, but no luck with these. I guess you are right on the sales.
frown.gif

Maybe I will just need to save up.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want a pair of these, but won't pay retail. I keep finding other F + B shoes and boots on discount, but have yet to see these anywhere on sale.

EDIT: Does the way the leather on top kinda flaps out like it does make them ever awkward to wear with your pants leg over them?

It's only like an inch and a half or so, so basically, no.

Cote

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Took few pictures for dawit's request. Sorry for the photo booth quality.
96686018.jpg
43596450.jpg

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score

Barneys has it. As long as they still have the model, it will be in their annual sale, just wait until then.

Ghumbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Barneys has it. As long as they still have the model, it will be in their annual sale, just wait until then.

Slightly off-topic, but when is their annual sale?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting for Mikey34, who can't post pics for crap
tounge.gif

CCP-goodness:

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dual zippers on boots, how peculiar.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
reverse_horse_derby_boot.jpg

Anyone know who makes a boot similar to this, but that doesnt cost over9000$?

The aesthetic reminds me of Chronicles of Never, but I don't know if they have a style that looks exactly like that, and they probably have never made anything in that light of a color.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ghumbs
Slightly off-topic, but when is their annual sale?

Usually in May. That's a long time away.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
eaZjM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics