• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Nogo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus
Looks good to me. Where did you get it?

This is the US Navy issued one. My friend who's currently enlisted hooked me up with the pea coat so I guess it's Sterlingwear.

It's a 36S by the way.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nogo
So my peacoat FINALLY came in and I love the way it fits! Some fit pics are posted and for reference, my sizing is; 5'7" with 37 chest.

(Had to crop some of the picture out for it to be small enough to post)

Looks good, fit is pretty good too.

Is it black or charcoal? It's kind of hard to tell from the pics.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus
Looks good to me. Where did you get it?

Does it look good to you? Well i dont know if its just my Pc but the coat is so dark that i can barely see the detail of it. Hard what to make of the coat.

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorC
Does it look good to you? Well i dont know if its just my Pc but the coat is so dark that i can barely see the detail of it. Hard what to make of the coat.

They are better than the pictures I posted of my coat. I can see enough details on my Mac to get a good idea.

Nogo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Looks good, fit is pretty good too.

Is it black or charcoal? It's kind of hard to tell from the pics.

It's black I believe. And that's the best I could do with a blackberry. If yall want I can try uploading a better quality.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Is it possible to tailor the sleeves of a peacoat to make them longer if they are a bit too short? I never thought this was possible but someone couple pages back mentioned they might do this.

2) When wearing a peacoat you overlap the LEFT side on top of the right, correct?

3) Is it okay if I button all of the buttons? I dont understand why the last one should be left open?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
It depends on how much material is left in the sleeve to do so.

How much material is left in the width of the sleeve? Thanks.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Anyone tried the Schott slim-fit peacoat?

Search this thread. I have, the wool is very scratchy and sheds a lot.

2balls

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my 38R Sterlingwear Authentic. For reference: 5'9'' 180lbs 40" p2p 33" waist The jacket looked like a good fit, but it was pretty uncomfortably tight around my back/shoulders. The sleeves felt really short when I lifted my arms (see image) and I couldn't lift my arms above my head :\\ So yeah... I liked the fit/look, but at the expense of comfort. So nope, gonna send this baby back to Boston and get me a ToJ pcoat
devil.gif
2e6saqf
283qvxv
29fmo5o

airbosh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2balls
Here are some photos of my 38R Sterlingwear Authentic. For reference: 5'9'' 180lbs 40" p2p 33" waist The jacket looked like a good fit, but it was pretty uncomfortably tight around my back/shoulders. The sleeves felt really short when I lifted my arms (see image) and I couldn't lift my arms above my head :\\ So yeah... I liked the fit/look, but at the expense of comfort. So nope, gonna send this baby back to Boston and get me a ToJ pcoat
devil.gif

Thanks for the review!! The coat doesn't look that tight thou? Were you wearing tshirt/sweater or layer underneath it? I'm going to try 38L and see how that goes. Thanks again!!

2balls

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airbosh
Thanks for the review!!

The coat doesn't look that tight thou? Were you wearing tshirt/sweater or layer underneath it?

I'm going to try 38L and see how that goes.

Thanks again!!

In the photos I'm only wearing a t-shirt underneath. I think 38L would have been better for me, but I don't feel like going through the hassle of sending things back and forth. For reference, my shoulder-wrist length is 23.5". In regards to the coat being too tight- If I were to lift both my arms, it becomes so tight and restricted that I wouldn't be able to raise them above eye level (if that makes sense). I feel like the waist could be taken in a bit as well. fml for being so disproportionate...
confused.gif

Chicago

Reaction score
Anyone willing to make a case for a certain model of the Stearlingwear peacoat? I've finally managed to pin down my size, but I cannot decide which coat to pick. Every time I think I've decided I start to rethink things from the beginning.

Anyone who has the Authentic, do you find it too bulky with the fleece lining?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads