• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any active Starcraft 2 players?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave333
^checking out some youtube vids/tutorials would probably help a lot. for beginning players, it is most important to A. get **** tons of cash B. get **** tons of stuff C. a (hotkey for attack)+move **** tons of stuff profit. This is fairly easily done as terran/protoss. Little different for zerg.
I did check out videos. That's what placed me into silver league and I can't seem to drop despite tons of losses.
ffffuuuu.gif
After awhile I got tired of losing and took a leave of absence.

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
^checking out some youtube vids/tutorials would probably help a lot. for beginning players, it is most important to

A. get **** tons of cash
B. get **** tons of stuff
C. a (hotkey for attack)+move **** tons of stuff

profit.

This is fairly easily done as terran/protoss. Little different for zerg.

i get that... i dont lose most of my games, but being above average in bronze aint nothing to be proud of. I've watched most of HD starcraft Huskystarcraft and psystarcraft. I even watch some of Day9's strategies. its mostly practice i need at this point.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Internet service provider TPG is ****** me on battle net, packet loss makes me lag spike every 5 seconds or so
ffffuuuu.gif
. Oh and I'm too much of a wuss for normal league, doing practice league at the moment
tongue.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I did check out videos. That's what placed me into silver league and I can't seem to drop despite tons of losses.
ffffuuuu.gif
After awhile I got tired of losing and took a leave of absence.

That's strange. The new Battle.Net system is supposed to place you in matches so you win/loose about half the time. That's the goal of the system and I find it works overall, fairly well. The exception being if you are out of practice or got placed higher then you should be in the first place.

I'm really thinking a SF league could be fun. I'll be back in down on the 11th and see what we can get going then.
smile.gif

dave333

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
i get that... i dont lose most of my games, but being above average in bronze aint nothing to be proud of. I've watched most of HD starcraft Huskystarcraft and psystarcraft. I even watch some of Day9's strategies. its mostly practice i need at this point.

Mechanics are probably it then. Once you get a build down for each matchup, you just gotta make sure you execute it fairly well and know what you are doing.

The one thing about lower leagues is I feel that 1. cheese is really common, so it can be hard to do standard BO's. And 2. there are some strategies that are extremely powerful simply due to the nature of them being easy to do, relatively hard to stop. protoss 4 gate rush, void rays, banshees, even 6 pool can be pretty tough for low level players to deal with because they place a lot of pressure and are way harder to defend than execute. When I was moving up diamond, i would play toss players that only 4 gate and do nothing else; that's how powerful it can be in all matchups.

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
Used to play Starcraft all the time back in the day. I have been anticipating the next installment for ten long years, and now that it is here, I do not have a good enough computer to play it with. My friends and I played against each other on battlenet a lot. Is it true that there is no campaign for Protoss or Zerg at the moment?

dave333

Reaction score
^Yes this is a sad truth. Just the terran campaign, 26 or 29 missions I believe? Story is suckier, but the gameplay is soo much better. SC1 was the same thing over and over, but SC2 has much more varied goals/play. Quite fun really. Throw in achievements, it's a lot of game time.

Beating on brutal=fun, hard stuff.

Computer probably doesn't need to be too fancy to play on low.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yes this is a sad truth. Just the terran campaign, 26 or 29 missions I believe? Story is suckier, but the gameplay is soo much better. SC1 was the same thing over and over, but SC2 has much more varied goals/play. Quite fun really. Throw in achievements, it's a lot of game time.

Beating on brutal=fun, hard stuff.

Computer probably doesn't need to be too fancy to play on low.

feels pretty much standard bliz; strat of the day over again. rarely seen any novel play. besides fruitdealers overlord bling bomber, but that cost shitload of micro.

dave333

Reaction score
man if it weren't for zerg vs. zerg i'd be like 2k+ diamond right now T_T i'm so bad at it

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's lame as **** to play, I agree.

I win maybe 75% vs terran my level, 60% vs toss and like 20% vs zerg lol.

So much lucky guessing involved seeing as EVERY single unit is viable in one way or another.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
It's lame as **** to play, I agree.

I win maybe 75% vs terran my level, 60% vs toss and like 20% vs zerg lol.

So much lucky guessing involved seeing as EVERY single unit is viable in one way or another.

is that why NesTea has a 5-0 record in ZvZ?

ZvZ is a different match-up of course, so until you understand it, it can seem like "rock, paper, scissor."

dave333

Reaction score
I literally have 1 loss to terran since the patch. Past 25 games, I'm 17-8. Of those 8 losses, 6 to zerg, 2 to toss.

I think I'm just going to do big roach builds from now on....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads