• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

batorizer

Reaction score
Any experience w/ Han sunglasses? I really like the timeless model, I'm just concerned about the quality of the lenses. Anything similar to that model you could point me to?
3854_9420_285.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyindarkness
photoon20101029at14422.jpg

opinions?

I can't really comment on how it looks on you because we can't see the rest of your face but I will tell you what I think of the style.

I like the style. It is a bit more unique than the regular "retro" styles. I think the styling is more of the 80s but it is different from the rest. It has a metal bridge and temples which is a good change from the regular chunky plastics. I like the subtle differences, they aren't huge but it gives a different image.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i like the change of pace too. good frames and it's refreshing not to see the dark thick frames every other asian is wearing. including myself.

however, i did order another pair of glasses the other weekend. toki m handmade in japan. yes, another chunky frame for me. this time with a wider brim. killer glasses. total 530 including lenses and everything but ill be paying only 95 out of pocket due to ins and the optometry girls who always give me a discount (regular customer)

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by batorizer
Any experience w/ Han sunglasses? I really like the timeless model, I'm just concerned about the quality of the lenses. Anything similar to that model you could point me to?

3854_9420_285.jpg

I don't have much experience with them. Maybe someone else can help us out here...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i like the change of pace too. good frames and it's refreshing not to see the dark thick frames every other asian is wearing. including myself.

however, i did order another pair of glasses the other weekend. toki m handmade in japan. yes, another chunky frame for me. this time with a wider brim. killer glasses. total 530 including lenses and everything but ill be paying only 95 out of pocket due to ins and the optometry girls who always give me a discount (regular customer)

Toki are very well made. The quality of the structure is amazing. I don't think the brand has evolved as much as other brands but they stay true to keeping quality control very high.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Toki are very well made. The quality of the structure is amazing. I don't think the brand has evolved as much as other brands but they stay true to keeping quality control very high.

thanks. yeah i read a bit about toki while back and then my optometrist started carrying them. the one i got is really bold and seems to be very well made.

the inscription on the ones they had all say "handmade in Japan" for most of them, but on mine and one other pair , they only had Japanese characters. i didnt know what the differences were except for they were all different styles of course and the workers there couldnt help me on that as well. anyways im really excited to get my pair.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
thanks. yeah i read a bit about toki while back and then my optometrist started carrying them. the one i got is really bold and seems to be very well made.

the inscription on the ones they had all say "handmade in Japan" for most of them, but on mine and one other pair , they only had Japanese characters. i didnt know what the differences were except for they were all different styles of course and the workers there couldnt help me on that as well. anyways im really excited to get my pair.

From what I understand they are all made in Japan. Even if they aren't made in japan they are probably assembled in Japan and most importantly they will have quality control in regular facility. I don't think they would allow an outside contractor do their quality control.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like my Q got overlooked, I'll try again...

What are some good brands/pieces for someone with a large head/face?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackmaged
Looks like my Q got overlooked, I'll try again...

What are some good brands/pieces for someone with a large head/face?

There are tons as most company will make various sizes. Find a frame that you like and ask if you can get it in a larger size. I don't know of any companies that specialize in large eyewear though. Well, to be fair, there are a few but nothing worth mentioning.

Sorry for being so vague but you'll understand when you go visit a shop. There are SO many frame companies and so many shapes and sizes.

If you have something a bit more specific though, let us know....
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
There are tons as most company will make various sizes. Find a frame that you like and ask if you can get it in a larger size. I don't know of any companies that specialize in large eyewear though. Well, to be fair, there are a few but nothing worth mentioning.

Sorry for being so vague but you'll understand when you go visit a shop. There are SO many frame companies and so many shapes and sizes.

If you have something a bit more specific though, let us know....
smile.gif

right. you cant just throw out a general question like what fits my bigger head. you have to just go out there and try on a few pairs that you can find.

vilinx

Reaction score
Anyone know who in NYC has the largest selection of Mykita frames to look at?

orsetto

Reaction score
CC,
How do Salt polarised lenses compare to Maui Jim's?
After several pairs of MJ's, I'm looking for something different.
Thanks

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by orsetto
CC,
How do Salt polarised lenses compare to Maui Jim's?
After several pairs of MJ's, I'm looking for something different.
Thanks

Salt makes virtually distortion free lenses. They claim distortion free, I say less distortion. I believe all of their lenses are glass which improves optics. ALso they have gradient polarized lenses which is a bit unique. I think the biggest difference between Salt and MJ will be the styling. I'm sure you can tell the difference but MJ is more of the sporty water sports kind of look whereas the Salts are more of a classic look. MJs will probably fit more snug for sports and also a bit lighter with their evolution poly lenses, but if you are mostly driving either one will be a good choice.

I would say to go with which ever one fits your application.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads