• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by number9dream
Where did you pick up those socks -- I need a pair!

marcoliani

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
smile.gif

I love those. Good pickup. Fantastic for this time of year.
smile.gif

LMAO!!
smiley-laughing021.gif
Mac gets all this cr@p about his socks and this dude signs up just to ask where he got them. BTW, They are nice socks, I just enjoy the irony.

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mhu5p5.jpg

brown suede ptb

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelw
mhu5p5.jpg

brown suede ptb

Do you take care of the sole edging? I'm asking because I saw a couple of YouTube vids of AE's tutorial on how to care for their shoes. They used their version of heel/sole edge dressing.

I'm kind of going crazy with shoe care products right now, haha.

Great socks in this one, really stand out from the shoes.

rick

Reaction score
so i sold my jcrew indy, did not like the cork sole. then i said wow why did i do that. so i called brian at LSBH and he had a pair of ultimate indy in stock. the natural edge trim and commando sole are a big improvement IMHO. so here is a crappy blackberry pic with my tripleworks jeans.

IMG00130.jpg

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
so i sold my jcrew indy, did not like the cork sole. then i said wow why did i do that. so i called brian at LSBH and he had a pair of ultimate indy in stock. the natural edge trim and commando sole are a big improvement IMHO. so here is a crappy blackberry pic with my tripleworks jeans.

What didn't you like about the soles? I've had my Alden Indy's for a couple of weeks and like them pretty well
smile.gif
But I don't spend a lot of time in mine in crappy weather. They are much more of an indoor shoo for me.

rick

Reaction score
two things i do not find them as comfy as commando soles, and i live in new jersey so i almost broke my neck if there was any snow or ice on the ground.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I stopped by the shoe care shop this morning to pick up a brush for the shells. I chatted a bit with the guy since it was still early and there were no other customers. He suggested that I have the soles protected so they would last for a long time. What do you guys think about this? I was just going to wear them as is, and when they wear down....send them back to Alden to resole.

I wouldn't (and don't) do it.

johnmiss

Reaction score
From what I've heard, protective sole coverings may protect the leather but, a) they prevent the leather from breathing, which presumably helps the leather to dry out and recover, and b) imho, they are unattractive.

phantomx48

Reaction score
My new Ravello Wingtips from Shoemart . . .the cordovan has been creased so they are now officially mine,
smile.gif

photo6xr.jpg
[/url]

photo4g.jpg
[/url]

e23

Reaction score
Currently, debating between the Alden + Context Roy Boots or the Tanker Boots. Which one would be better for Office/Casual wear?

I'm leaning towards Tanker because I've got way too many brown boots but then again can't go wrong with another.. Help a brother out.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2100s5s.jpg

ravello lwb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics