• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

admerr

Reaction score
I just got a 20% for Barney's. I think I'm going to try a pair of Save Khakis when I get some time this weekend.

I've had no luck with the J Crew slim fits (urban slim, 484). I picked up a pair of the Toddland greatest pants last week. They are decent but the inseam is just a tiny bit short. They are all 32" inseam, which is so obnoxious to me.

Hopefully the Save Khakis will be the end of this search.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one is slimmer? The Docker Wader or Docker Tapered?

dijon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Which one is slimmer? The Docker Wader or Docker Tapered?

I had the same question and asked Dockers CS

Apparently they are exactly they same, except the Wader only comes with an inseam of 30

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
The waders are an awesome fit, but they are SLIM!! If you're a skinny dude, go for it. But if you have to shimmy some big calves or thighs then you might want to consider a different fit. I broke one of the buttons on mine, but other than that, one of the best fitting pair of khakis i've owned..

have you compared their fit to say the J.crew urban slim fit? I'm interested in the waders, price is nice too.

Rallen

Reaction score
First of all - I'm a little bit confused in american/europe sizes and models. During a vacation in NY this summer, I bought a pair of Levis 511-jeans, and I absolutely _LOVE_ the fit. I have never found anything like this in Europe. Now to the question; does anyone know a webshop where I can buy Levis 511 trousers in Khaki/beige? Or of another brand that has a similar fit?
smile.gif

Nevadaface

Reaction score
I wear a 28 in APC's so about a 31 in true waist. I went with up a size when i got the dockers waders to a 32 and i think the fit is perfect.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of Dockers wader tonight, never heard of them until I saw them and tried them on, quite happy for $49

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
can you get the waders in retail stores?
got mine at Urban Outfitters(b&m not online)

dijon

Reaction score
how would you compare their quality to chinos like from Gap? also what's the most similar fit does it have to Levis (511, 514, 501)?

(ordering online so just trying to get a feel for the sizing)

Originally Posted by Kvc06
Just picked up a pair of Dockers wader tonight, never heard of them until I saw them and tried them on, quite happy for $49

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably closest to 511 in terms of fit, I like the fit on these better then the 511 khakis I had though. Quality seems or par with Levis, never owned Gap.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
material is too thick on the waders for me, felt like some old abercombie shorts i had back in high school
i like the material on gap original khakis better

fit is good on the waders but i would prefer a slightly longer inseam than 30"
i returned them as soon as i got em (from dockers)

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waders material is subpar, but they get better with every wash. I agree they are close to 511's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics