• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
My first experience with the remote tailoring. I think it is bespoke-like but without any fittings. Would appreciate to receive feedback on the fit of the jacket.
I know about the sleeves length - it should be shortened by 1 cm. Also, the jacket has not been pressed yet. Hence, there are some wrinkles and what may seem a divot on the left (right) shoulder.

banis - i think you nailed most of the comments i would have had - cleaning up the sleeves and some divoting in the shoulder. which tailor did you use? where you measured by the tailor, or did you send your measurements?

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
New pose by request
laugh.gif

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/44a07ac8.jpg

Spoo - you appear to have a pretty broad chest so i'd recommend less waist suppression to make the jacket more balanced. as it is now, it looks top heavy.

Originally Posted by lee_44106
To me,

that tie color just doesn't achieve a harmonious look with the rest of the outfit. Same with the pocketsquare. But the tie is a bigger offender.

+ 1. dark gray cashmere, navy or chocolate brown cashmere and you are money. if you want to do red ... then something more in the burgundy/wine family would have worked better ... especially with the P/S.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

+ 1. dark gray cashmere, navy or chocolate brown cashmere and you are money. if you want to do red ... then something more in the burgundy/wine family would have worked better ... especially with the P/S.

+1,I would ditch that tie altogether.

ajv

Reaction score
My first experience with the remote tailoring. I think it is bespoke-like but without any fittings. Would appreciate to receive feedback on the fit of the jacket.
I know about the sleeves length - it should be shortened by 1 cm. Also, the jacket has not been pressed yet. Hence, there are some wrinkles and what may seem a divot on the left (right) shoulder.
172504-dc8d5-37456356-m750x740.jpg

172504-ce66f-37456362-m750x740.jpg

172504-2bd1d-37456368-m750x740.jpg

Banis,

appart from what you've already noticed, I think the fit of this SC is good, better than many I've seen on you.

Adrian

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Young Will of A Suitable Wardrobe?

Just Monkeying around
peepwall[1].gif

today is a New Day...

Fit_110110_01.jpg
Fit_110110_02.jpg

Fit_110110_03.jpg
Fit_110110_04.jpg

Fit_110110_05.jpg

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I think it is perfect as is. Full break would be sloppy as this is a very fitted suit. Cuffs, a matter of taste.

Mike

I disagree thinking fitted suits need more length in the trou (and cuffs) lest one will look as if he's outgrown it.

The slimmer the pant, the bigger the cuff. I've got some blue PRL cord nuthuggers with 3.5" cuffs. And I'm not remotely short.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I disagree thinking fitted suits need more length in the trou (and cuffs) lest one will look as if he's outgrown it.

The slimmer the pant, the bigger the cuff. I've got some blue PRL cord nuthuggers with 3.5" cuffs. And I'm not remotely short.

I say we send it to Foo, for a virtual pant remodel.
smile.gif

Mike

banis

Reaction score
banis - i think you nailed most of the comments i would have had - cleaning up the sleeves and some divoting in the shoulder. which tailor did you use? where you measured by the tailor, or did you send your measurements?
Originally Posted by ajv
Banis,

appart from what you've already noticed, I think the fit of this SC is good, better than many I've seen on you.

Adrian

Thanks for your response.
It was an asian tailor. I was measured by my wife and afterwards sent measurements to the tailor.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I have to say, as much as I like the M, It is not the Jag, which is my baby.

Older Jags aren't babies. They're quietly dementing great aunts that you feel obliged to look after in their dotage because they gave you lots of sweets when you were younger.

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
03-dsc_01061.jpg

LOVE this suit, and the colour play with the socks & shoes. Wish I could wear this sort of suit, but I think one really needs to be fairly tall (or at least look like it, with a slender-proportioned build), for them to look as cool as you do wearing it. Well done!

Originally Posted by ryoneo
img0635u.jpg

There's something quite stylized about this image/suit that I like.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Fit_110110_02.jpg

Liking these colours and fit on you PandA.

No pic from me today; looking fairly haggard and scruffy.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
172504-dc8d5-37456356-m750x740.jpg

172504-ce66f-37456362-m750x740.jpg

172504-2bd1d-37456368-m750x740.jpg

It was an asian tailor. I was measured by my wife and afterwards sent measurements to the tailor.

It's pretty good as is, hard to really make any changes other than the sleeve length.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then thats pretty impressive!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Older Jags aren't babies. They're quietly dementing great aunts that you feel obliged to look after in their dotage because they gave you lots of sweets when you were younger.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
- i have a friend who shares the exact same sentiment.

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
It's pretty good as is, hard to really make any changes other than the sleeve length.
Thanks! If I were to use the same tailor in the future and having opportunity to make fittings, I would have probably shortened a jacket, asked for a different shape of the quarters and form of the patches, taken in the waist and added a bit in the chest.
Then thats pretty impressive!
I wanted to take measurements at my local tailor but did not manage to meet him, so had to ask wife for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads