• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this suit fits him right?

Luke555

Reaction score
Thinking about buying this Merona Poly/Rayon Suit this is exact suit that i going to buy i wonder if it actually fits the guy on the image. I were thinking sleeves should be shorter?
And what about slackers height is it correct?
suit.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeves and pants are too long. Other than that, the fit is OK. However, the cheap Target suits won't fit like that in real life. This one was probably pinned in the back. You are much better off getting and H&M suit if you want something very cheap.

Luke555

Reaction score
Hehe i tried this on and it fits actually well, i got irregular body and most suits fit like crap this one was okay.

Not like i wearing suits just want to have one in case...

About the color the black is no good unless some occasion right?

CitizenM

Reaction score
mostly yes.
for your first suit you should get charcoal or navy. They are easiest to combine.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not touch a suit made out of such plastic for love or money. It will look cheap and very nasty.

Luke555

Reaction score
Okay got your opinion guy's but i need to have darn suit i dont want to invest in good one because god knows i might never wear the bastard but i need to have at least one just in case. So could you explain about length i really cant decide 38R or 38S when i wear R it looks like this guy on photo. but S is not too much shorter. Where exactly sleves should end?

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its important to consider that R or S sizing affects the jacket length as well. If the Jacket falls right around where it does on the model pictured above for the R sizing, I would NOT get the S. To me, it looks like it's pretty short on this model to begin with. Just remember, you can always have the sleeves shortened by a tailor (I can pretty much assume these suits wont come with working button-holes). As far as sleeve length, its a personal preference, but I like to show a little bit of shirt cuff underneath.

Luke555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Its important to consider that R or S sizing affects the jacket length as well. If the Jacket falls right around where it does on the model pictured above for the R sizing, I would NOT get the S. To me, it looks like it's pretty short on this model to begin with.
How i determine right length of the jacket should it end right where your legs start?
I think difference in length is like 1" at most will it really be noticeable?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
The bottom of the jacket should cover your rear. A slight variation either way is probably personal preference, but don't get very far away from this.

EZ

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
just a question... you keep saying "incase". If you don't NEED a suit, why are you buying a suit?
Just wait until you need one. In the future you may have some more money, different preferences, maybe a different body, etc. Buy it when you need it.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
just a question... you keep saying "incase". If you don't NEED a suit, why are you buying a suit?
Just wait until you need one. In the future you may have some more money, different preferences, maybe a different body, etc. Buy it when you need it.

+1

-LR

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads