• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Damn...makes me miss buying teh Vash.

- B

It's never too late to re-live your youth! :^)

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Damn...makes me miss buying teh Vash.

- B

you should probably unload all your old ones on me, I'll meet you anywhere in the 02446

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
It's always nice when the Vass fairy arrives. Will try to post real pics in the next week or so. They are all exquisite. Thanks Kolecho!!!

Vass_1.jpg

Vass_2.jpg

Vass_3.jpg

how's zee fit?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
I wonder if vass would do a suede wholecut like the carmina model that the armoury is offering?

Thoughts?

U last yes, f last no!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
how's zee fit?

Seems good thus far. The Chukka is perfect and the cigar derby had a touch of left foot heel slippage which seemed to get better after a few hours of wear. The U cap oxford seems to be the widest by a slight bit perhaps because of the nature of the brogueing. Up next round, some F last and P2's!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems good thus far. The Chukka is perfect and the cigar derby had a touch of left foot heel slippage which seemed to get better after a few hours of wear. The U cap oxford seems to be the widest by a slight bit perhaps because of the nature of the brogueing. Up next round, some F last and P2's!

good good, look forward to seeing some new Appreciation soon then - hurry up and take pictures
laugh.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the nature of brogueing tightens it at the junction of the leather pieces.

that's the reason why old school bespoke makers suggest a plain derby for the first order.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
good good, look forward to seeing some new Appreciation soon then - hurry up and take pictures
laugh.gif

+1
Would really like to see photos of the new shoes and boots.

-LR

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
your ptb's will look great in "melton".

we had to swich from "melton" to "oho". you'll not be disappointed...
smile.gif

retozimmermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
do you do it with seperate colours? i would use the same?

I'm not sure how you would want to apply two colours on the scotchgrain exactly but maybe you meant two colours as in: one for the scotchgrain, one for the rest. Because what I meant with the two colours is that the scotchgrain seems to have actual dots on it - the grain, as it were - which are in a different colour from the leather itself.

In any case, I'm using only one polish for the entire shoe: a light orangy brown. Works perfectly.

Cheers
Reto

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retozimmermann
In any case, I'm using only one polish for the entire shoe: a light orangy brown. Works perfectly.

Cheers
Reto

alright, here we go...
smile.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the Vass 5-eyelet London derbies in cigar shell cordovan with natural soles. The other pairs are still at the office. On the first photo the flash went off, but it came out pretty well. All the others are in natural New York morning sunlight. Tough to get a feel for the exact color, but it's a fantastic shade.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads