• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schorsch
These are all great, but they lack exactly the dissonance that Spoozy brings to the table. My own style also rarely brings in dissonance, but I like it. Pink shoelaces and hot pink cashmere ties are also a rare treat from another Spoo.

never mind then. carry on as you were.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schorsch
Holy poop I agree with bigbris. Unless he's being sarcastic. I would say he's getting on towards Ornette Coleman, but the point remains. If you somebody only likes Dave Brubeck, fine, but don't be a jerk about it.
I was keeping it 100. I like when a dude goes beyond the realm of what most consider comfortable or safe. Too many of the looks here are cookie-cut and boring. Sadly, most of the consistent critiques come from those members who don't "splash out". I don't want Spoozy or Spoo to change. If you notice, many of the fits I post go sans commentary except those more "safe" looks. I say embrace the hate. Case in point: When walking about town in one of my more splashed out ensembles, here's the reactions they garner: Whites (who consider themselves superior) look away, as if to say "he wants attention and I'm not giving it to him, harrumph!", not realizing that's a dead giveaway that they've already noticed me. Whites (normal or eccentric) generally are warm and smile. Guys walking with their girls make sure their chick isn't checking me out. Guys that feel they are comp, stand near me on teh train as if to say, "all of the attention will be in this direction, might as well get a piece". Blacks generally compliment and endear. Hispanics address me in their native tongue (Primo!) as if to say "he's def one of us or we want him on our side".

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I think this would look much better if your pants were shorter. They bunch up a lot making your legs appear shorter. Given your physique, it's not a good thing.

Thanks acecow. This was the second time I have worn these pants since having them tailored and I felt like they were about an inch too long (but was indecisive). Your comment has confirmed that they will be going back to the tailor along with the coat
smile.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

Would you hate me if I told you that I told you so?

Originally Posted by bigbris1
Sadly, most of the consistent critiques come from those members who don't "splash out".

I think that this will meet with your approval, then.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I think that this will meet with your approval, then.
- B

Nah, son:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some take their cues from the 40's & others the 60's, some Continental & others more Anglophile, some muted & others colorful. That's their style, and they should roll with it. Go all 70's Tom Ford if you want.

That's not to say, however, that no one is above a suggestion or two, even within their realm of style. I, for one, appreciate the random "tuck in that pocket square" and "suede chukkas would be better" and would rather hear that, than silence. I came to learn & incorporate pointers. Some are more pointed, caustic, and snarky, while others are more congenial. I've never understood the "silence" some people get - it does no good to the poaster, and certainly doesn't increase the quality of their poasts.

Of course, if your M.O. is just to poast and to ignore/lash out at suggestions, then forget everything I just typed.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

Of course, if your M.O. is just to poast and to ignore/lash out at suggestions, then forget everything I just typed.

[right click, add to ignore list, save]

jk

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Rob - in those photos it's interesting how the jacket looks excellent when unbuttoned, but when buttoned it seems unbalanced. Interesting fabric to it.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
^ Rob - in those photos it's interesting how the jacket looks excellent when unbuttoned, but when buttoned it seems unbalanced. Interesting fabric to it.

that fabric is anything but interesting, trust me.

rob, please get rid of that jacket. Your tailor hates it, I never want to see it. You know why!!

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot

+1 - looks like front balance is off and someone is pulling down on the coat from the back.

Killer shirt, though!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Some take their cues from the 40's & others the 60's, some Continental & others more Anglophile, some muted & others colorful. That's their style, and they should roll with it. Go all 70's Tom Ford if you want.

That's not to say, however, that no one is above a suggestion or two, even within their realm of style. I, for one, appreciate the random "tuck in that pocket square" and "suede chukkas would be better" and would rather hear that, than silence. I came to learn & incorporate pointers. Some are more pointed, caustic, and snarky, while others are more congenial. I've never understood the "silence" some people get - it does no good to the poaster, and certainly doesn't increase the quality of their poasts.

+1000000. I would love to hear more critiques when I post here. If people who don't like my fits just ignore my posts, then this thread ceases to be useful. I came to this forum to learn; people here have affected more than just my choice of clothing. But after reaching a certain point it's hard to keep improving, because fits aren't terrible enough to gather a lot of negative comments and people tend to ignore them altogether. I, for one, try to express my opinion, be it negative or positive, as much as possible. And I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

Nono, I agree with you 95%. Those are more what I aspire to, if I had teh cash. I just think that some folks are looking for the WTF addition. Like the young gent with the rugby jersey over OCBD under blazer. It's weird and out there, and that's what they want.

And Vox, you know all and see all on your SF fiefdom, but you don't know me; you never knew my heart. No man knows my history.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Nah, son:

- B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads