• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capa
I might just have to order from Quoddy.
yeah, they really dont take as long as many people say. yes, they do get backed up with all the collab and what not but it really shouldn't be any longer than two months. they may even have your particular size or style in stock if you email them.

Walter4

Reaction score
Have to disagree. I gave them about 2 months (2 weeks longer than the max time frame they "assured" me they would meet) and the shoes still hadn't shipped.

I know people say they aren't internet people, but they also don't seem to be shipping people or business people either. I couldn't dissuade someone enough from placing their order with Quoddy.

Poor customer service, mis deadlines, poor communications, over inflated prices, and from the sound of many comments here, poor quality as well.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Walter4
Have to disagree. I gave them about 2 months (2 weeks longer than the max time frame they "assured" me they would meet) and the shoes still hadn't shipped. I know people say they aren't internet people, but they also don't seem to be shipping people or business people either. I couldn't dissuade someone enough from placing their order with Quoddy. Poor customer service, mis deadlines, poor communications, over inflated prices, and from the sound of many comments here, poor quality as well.
yeah, you make some great points. the times i have dealt with them its been okay. however, it has been awhile. i am actually getting ready to send in my boat shoes (not sure if/when i will see them again
smile.gif
) for repair. their insole come undone and there is an area on the tongue that is starting to come un-stitched. its just normal wear n' tear, it has nothing to do with quality. i beat these things to death and they warranty their stuff so its time to send them in before it gets worse. but to your point on them taking forever and their communication sucking ass, it is really to bad they spread themselves to thin. its seems like they either need to become retail only (and not deal with their customers directly) or become on-line only. this **** of them being in j.crew/uo is ******* ridiculous in my opinion. this is low-scale moccasin company! but it is still is a great company and its a shame they dont understand a lot of the people that buy their products want to be involved in the process so to speak...im not saying we need to know who made our shoes (although it would be nice) but i am suggesting (from reading all of the negative comments on this forum) it would be nice for them to let us know the progress of our shoes so we know where it is in the process. for example, they could send out an update saying the shoe is now being cut, or the shoe is now being soled, etc. maybe its a stupid idea but i keep thinking to myself these guys are one of the view companies that still produce in house, and in my opinion not exploiting their strengths. just to let you know, if you have had it will quoddy there are alternatives...like oak street bootmakers, etc. http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up some grizzly boots from tres bien @ 35% off... only 300$! Fit like a ******* glove.

Walter4

Reaction score
I have to say it is a shame. Really liked the idea of Quoddy, and the materials seem excellent. It's a shame to watch them wreck themselves.

Were they able to get their act together, I'd be all over them, but considering the shoddy workmanship of late, delays, poor communication, and price escalation, I can't stay far enough away.

icedmocha

Reaction score
I may pick up some canoe mocs in natural. How does the color hold up (stain easy etc)? This color : http://www.inventorymagazine.com/sto...et%20suede.jpg Edit: I just checked prices.....$260 ?????? for canoe mocs? I checked last year and they were $120 or so if you sent them a sketch of your foot. I found a pair of the canoe mocs bnib for 165....but really 250?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by icedmocha
I may pick up some canoe mocs in natural. How does the color hold up (stain easy etc)? This color : http://www.inventorymagazine.com/sto...et%20suede.jpg Edit: I just checked prices.....$260 ?????? for canoe mocs? I checked last year and they were $120 or so if you sent them a sketch of your foot. I found a pair of the canoe mocs bnib for 165....but really 250?
those arnt "canoe mocs," there the maliseet oxford. i have a pair of mali's in black and there are totally different than the canoe moc. here is a link to the canoe moc for $220: http://quoddystore.com/catalog/produ...products_id=52 here is the link to the maliseet for $250: http://quoddystore.com/catalog/produ...products_id=48 you can get the canoe moc in the finish in the picture above of the maliseet but its a special order product. hope this helps...

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
just to let you know, if you have had it will quoddy there are alternatives...like oak street bootmakers, etc. http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/

Was thinking about Quoddy canoe mocs for this spring but after reading this thread I'm having serious doubts.

I really like these loafers from Oak Street though... might cop instead for the spring

loafer-brown.jpg

icedmocha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
those arnt "canoe mocs," there the maliseet oxford. i have a pair of mali's in black and there are totally different than the canoe moc.

here is a link to the canoe moc for $220: http://quoddystore.com/catalog/produ...products_id=52
here is the link to the maliseet for $250: http://quoddystore.com/catalog/produ...products_id=48

you can get the canoe moc in the finish in the picture above of the maliseet but its a special order product.

hope this helps...

I was just using that shoe as the example. I am looking at the urban outfitters moc so as to avoid wait. I'm deciding if 165 is worth it for the moc, or I may just hit up oak street mentioned above.....

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by icedmocha
I was just using that shoe as the example. I am looking at the urban outfitters moc so as to avoid wait. I'm deciding if 165 is worth it for the moc, or I may just hit up oak street mentioned above.....
ah...okay

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
Was thinking about Quoddy canoe mocs for this spring but after reading this thread I'm having serious doubts. I really like these loafers from Oak Street though... might cop instead for the spring
loafer-brown.jpg

yeah, those are really nice and its cool to see a moc company do a true beefroll loafer...good stuff by oak street bootmakers.

jim10

Reaction score
I ordered some bluchers and mocs from Quoddy around the first of August. My original anticipated ship date from them was September 10th. I finally received the shipment this week. I requested black eyelits on the bluchers, and got silver. Even so, I think they are well worth the wait. I won't be needing mocs here in Michigan for several months anyway.

Walter4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jim10
I ordered some bluchers and mocs from Quoddy around the first of August. My original anticipated ship date from them was September 10th. I finally received the shipment this week. I requested black eyelits on the bluchers, and got silver. Even so, I think they are well worth the wait. I won't be needing mocs here in Michigan for several months anyway.

Glad you like them. Just more confirmation that their customer service is crap. Not only do they consistently miss deadlines, and seem to have declining quality, but they also seem to be deaf.

I'm convinced now that I should go for Yuketen boat shoes - even if they are a bit pricier. Only problem is I can't find a pair in brown US size 11.5 (or the equivalent, which I'm not sure of for Yuketen's). Guess I should start edumucating myself on the Yuketen forum.

But as of now, I don't think I'd go for Quoddy's unless they were sub $50 now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like how bitter noobs go on a crusade against a company they were once in favor of.

STFU already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads