• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I asked for a tiny bit of extra room in one suit, but that one won't come for some time. The other is cut like before--I've still got 8-10cm of extra space around my waist.

As for foregoing a fitting: hasn't been a problem before and they have always been happy to fix anything.

Do you know if they make adjustments to your pattern or add least add notes in your file for future suits based on your feedback? That's the thing that scares me most about not having the fitter see you in your suit. As we know, they see many faults we lay people don't.

--Andre

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Do you know if they make adjustments to your pattern or add least add notes in your file for future suits based on your feedback? That's the thing that scares me most about not having the fitter see you in your suit. As we know, they see many faults we lay people don't.

--Andre

Honestly, I have no idea. We'll see how this one turns out. If I get a chance, maybe I'll take some measurements and compare.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea.
What's the worst that can happen? Suit comes in with one button instead of the new 3 button style, then you try it on and think hmmm that's actually not too bad and you send all your suits back to be converted to one button?

No biggie

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
What's the worst that can happen? Suit comes in with one button instead of the new 3 button style, then you try it on and think hmmm that's actually not too bad and you send all your suits back to be converted to one button?

No biggie

Does anyone sell Horween shell cordovan jacket buttons yet?

Seems like a StyleForvm natural.

I give this idea freely to my brothers, in the spirit of Goodwill.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No biggie

Yep, that's pretty much the story, but what can I do? I'm not big time enough for my tailor to craft me some sort of convertible jacket that can switch from one to three and back. SwissArmySuits and BlazerSuits are for the real StyleForum stars.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's pretty much the story, but what can I do? I'm not big time enough for my tailor to craft me some sort of convertible jacket that can switch from one to three and back. SwissArmySuits and BlazerSuits are for the real StyleForum stars.

Would Ambrosi put three buttons in the cuffs if you asked nicely?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would Ambrosi put three buttons in the cuffs if you asked nicely?

How do you know he hasn't already?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know he hasn't already?

I'm a cult follower of your blog

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to tell us what you ordered or do we have to wait for it to come in?

I'm guessing hopsack.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a cult follower of your blog

Then everything is going as according to plan.

Originally Posted by TRINI
Are you going to tell us what you ordered or do we have to wait for it to come in?

I'm guessing hopsack.

It will explode the StyleForum universe. That's all you need to know.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rubinacci x Tom Ford collab?

--Andre

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Rubinacci x Tom Ford collab?

Ah, but is it Rubinacci does Tom Ford, or Tom Ford does Rubinacci?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had one of the linings replaced. As completed, all my odd jackets wound up with red linings. So, I had one switched to a moss green, which I had originally requested. Yes, I am aware of the irony that I can wear the same shoe everyday but get peaved by having the same linings in my jackets.

So you have many identical odd jackets with different colored linings?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt

When this one comes it is time that you showed use the full 'Foo Style' in some detail again. The last time you did that was on your first trousers from Ambrosi.

Perhaps you could do the full array please, front rear profile with and without the coat and the inside of the coat as well.

It would be an interesting lesson in what must be one of the most carefully considered suits owned by members here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads