• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
http://heydomeafavor.com/
so is that what happens when things dont go your way...the owner of a business...you tell people to stf up? way to go...your a true thinker. your in your 30s man...you gotta be able to do something better then a 10 yr old would. in all seriousness...good luck!

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
so is that what happens when things dont go your way...the owner of a business...you tell people to stf up? way to go...your a true thinker. your in your 30s man...you gotta be able to do something better then a 10 yr old would.

in all seriousness...good luck!

Oh the irony of what you post
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

kit99bar

Reaction score
Agreed

better denim, better hardware, more and different cuts, etc.

it doesnt matter if one person or 3 people make a pair of jeans UNLESS you are sold on the idea of one person make a pair of jeans. i happen not be to be. i would bet money it is roy that does things like those japanese companies (in terms of cutting, stitching, construction), not the other way around...but thats just me.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Wow.

I think robbie's analogy to APC is a good one. People have a set price in mind when it comes to "worth" with denim: $150 will get you something basic, $250 will get you something nice, $350 will get you something unique. People don't question the profit margins at $150 the way they would at $250 and up, which is ironic given that just months or years ago they were probably wondering what idiot could possibly think that $150 got him anything more than $30 Levi's STF.

As a shopper, it's inevitable that one would place items side-by-side in order to compare their worth but with clothing the process can definitely be much more subjective than black-and-white. The problem is the internet, or specifically forums like this, that gives anyone the means to nuts-and-bolts a pair of jeans by comparing it to other jeans, including those that use the same mill, that are very upfront with their use of specific materials and specific construction processes in order to distinguish themselves.

I understand why people like whatever are inclined to dissect and doubt. For example, off the top of my head, I can think of about 10+ brands that also make jeans using Cone, a mill that definitely isn't considered as flashy as its Japanese counterparts with jeans that retail for more. However, there's a lot more to the picture that ultimately will be more important to the buyer, such as fit, finish, attention to detail, and a story, than simply good fabric. Typically, when people sit at a restaurant for a meal they pay for the finished product more than the grocery list of ingredients. Let the buyer figure out his appetite.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so is that what happens when things dont go your way...the owner of a business...you tell people to stf up? way to go...your a true thinker. your in your 30s man...you gotta be able to do something better then a 10 yr old would.

in all seriousness...good luck!

I don't tell "people" to shut the **** up, i'm telling you to shut the **** up because you're a moron and sound like you're 15 years old.
You spend half your time ******** up my threads on this forum, you expect anything else?
Like a previous poster said, if Gordon picked up Roy you'd be all up in that thread talking about how it's worth every penny.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
every1's got their own definition of what "artisan" jeans is about. the [version] that has sustained my obsession all these years was bourne out of a tradition in jeans making. it may have evolved quite rapidly in recent years, with updated cuts + use of newer denim fabrics with exotic dye techniques + fancier trims, but folks like me tend not to stray far away "tradition".

unlike fashion where designers keep putting a spin on anything & everything to keep goods in perpetual flux, the denim cult is the antithesis of that. denimheads like me would be wearing same/similar cut/style jeans after the mad denim rush have long subsided & most of the [plastic wielding] kids have moved on to other pursuits/obsessions.

bottomline: in my hood, rep takes time. as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. i'm sure ROY is quite a gifted jeansmith & he's got all the right to demand his price, but imo he's gotta have enuf street cred to prevail & maintain. hopefully, Kiya could usher him out of obscurity to succeed.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
every1's got their own definition of what "artisan" jeans is about. the [version] that has sustained my obsession all these years was bourne out of a tradition in jeans making. it may have evolved quite rapidly in recent years, with updated cuts + use of newer denim fabrics with exotic dye techniques + fancier trims, but folks like me tend not to stray far away "tradition". unlike fashion where designers keep putting a spin on anything & everything to keep goods in perpetual flux, the denim cult is the antithesis of that. denimheads like me would be wearing same/similar cut/style jeans after the mad denim rush have long subsided & most of the [plastic wielding] kids have moved on to other pursuits/obsessions. bottomline: in my hood, rep takes time. as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. i'm sure ROY is quite a gifted jeansmith & he's got all the right to demand his price, but imo he's gotta have enuf street cred to prevail & maintain. but, def hope he succeeds.
LOL, I was into fashion/clothes before you cared and I'll still be into them long after you've stopped caring. WTF

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
every1's_got_their_own_definition_of_what "artisan" jeans_ is_about. the [version] that_has_sustained my obsession all these years was bourne out of a tradition in jeans making. it may have evolved quite rapidly in recent years, with updated cuts + use of newer denim fabrics with exotic dye techniques + fancier trims, but folks like me tend not to stray far away "tradition".
ftfy

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^... and how do you know when i started caring? on record, i wasn't taking a pot shot at the whole fashion scene, just merely comparing the buying mentality/behavior/habits of the fashion forward folks & denim enthusuasts.

mfais

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
To folks who think Roy's too expensive, I've got you a japanese alternative "Double Volante". Also a single man made jean for only 35000 yen/~$430 including shipping.

yeah but you get to customize everything other than the fit and cut there; most notably the denim.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Why would anyone post sixteen times in a thread to say he's not going to buy something?

I hope he offers the slim cut in selvage duck fabric at some point (rnrswitch on sufu has a pair from the early days of Roy, which I believe are the same as the straight cut).

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
^^... and how do you know when i started caring? on record, i wasn't taking a pot shot at the whole fashion scene, just merely comparing the buying mentality/behavior/habits of the fashion forward folks & denim enthusuasts.

Of course my affirmation was deliberately dismissive and might be totally untrue. But then you attempted to divide people who buy clothes into "fashion' consumers and jeans nerds.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I don't tell "people" to shut the **** up, i'm telling you to shut the **** up because you're a moron and sound like you're 15 years old.
You spend half your time ******** up my threads on this forum, you expect anything else?
Like a previous poster said, if Gordon picked up Roy you'd be all up in that thread talking about how it's worth every penny.

lol, your hilarious. right on man.

does this mean im not invited to your next party?

and its highly unlikely gordon would take a pair of jeans that retailed for $150 and put them in his shop for $275 and say the price increase was because of "hardware and a patch." but if you can get away with it...thats great man!

and if you think i am ******** up your threads because i question something you do or you dont like something i say because it descents from the **** you carry, there is an ignore feature...USE IT!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads