• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Luckily(?) I went through six-years of wearing various combat boots non-stop while in the Marine Corps and have a nice collection of thicker socks that are great for boots. My feet and ankles were destroyed years ago... I can take whatever these Katahdins can throw at me!
plain.gif

I Agree about the socks; a heavy/thick, wool/wool blend sock really adds comfort around your whole foot and ankle.

Bob

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I received my Katahdins from UPS yesterday. When I picked up the box, it was so much lighter than what I was expecting that I thought maybe they actually forgot to put a boot in there! After putting them on though, these things are awesome. I may not put on anything else on my feet until summer rolls around. They are comfortable right out of the box which is a big plus over 75% of the work boots on the market!

I've been wearing my the last couple days and I have to agree. I'd essentially forgotten about them and was glad to run across this thread as a reminder. Thanks, boys!

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
i got the delivery today, thank god ll beans paid the brokerage for me, very fast, i ordered last thrusday night, got it this wednesday

pic on the online site were much lighter than what i see, fortunately, i want a pair of brown boots, not dark khaki. I got a 11.5, i usually get 11 in other boots, but i dun think i'll fit into 11 for these boots though

very happy with this, especially for made in US and only 143usd after all charges applied

my ankles are sore already for wearing for an hour, but no bleeding

feels like i dun even have to waterproof this yet, they have wax on them...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billster
i got the delivery today...

my ankles are sore already for wearing for an hour, but no bleeding...

No bleeding? Do you have ankles made of paper that you bleed when wearing new boots?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ huh?

Anyways I've worn mine for two days. No bleeding as well, but my heels are slightly sore with redness.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Trust me, your upper ankle area will hurt for a week or so.

Why is that?

do they break in eventually?

I think I saw posted somewhere on this forum a link to some place that was selling Iron Work Boot second for nearly half price.
Does anyone have the link? (I should have saved it)
and
Has anyon ordered from them?

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
Why is that?

do they break in eventually?

Yeah, most people find the very top of the cuff makes your upper-ankle-area (???) sore for the first few wears. For me, only my right ankle, and only a week or so, then they broke in. It is entirely possible that some people experience no discomfort.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Yeah for the first few days your ankles will probably be sore. Mine didn't bleed, but they were hurting, but I just sucked it up and kept wearing them. After a week they will feel normal

maritimetimetime

Reaction score
thinking about getting a pair, im assuming they fit the same way as clarks and that i should size down 1/2? is there a cupon code going around right now?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christ - they're like any other boot - need to be broken-in. Free advice: quit wearing when they hurt, resume when recovered.

Zackb911

Reaction score
I can't believe I read through nearly the whole thread only to find out they're OOS in my size. 10.5... Got to love it.
confused.gif

G0079

Reaction score
Are you a natural 10.5? I am, and the 10 is working fine for me.

dijon

Reaction score
been searching around and found these, I really wish Chippewa made these version of the boots
available in the US
ffffuuuu.gif

if anyone has info on where to get it, would appreciate it a lot

img55932165-500x750.jpg
img55943196-500x750.jpg

img55941865-500x375.jpg
img55941864-500x375.jpg

chippewa-boots-compass-show-0.jpg

illumin8em

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dijon
been searching around and found these, I really wish Chippewa made these version of the boots available in the US
ffffuuuu.gif
if anyone has info on where to get it, would appreciate it a lot
img55941865-500x375.jpg
img55941864-500x375.jpg
chippewa-boots-compass-show-0.jpg

. . bottom boot is not the same boot as the boots above it. the boots you posted first are Japan only, and Cordovan, and expensive. the bottom boots you can get at Zappos, you just have to remove the tongue tab and they are darker in color. Type "chippewa GQ" in your preferred search engine I spoke to Chippewa last year about the Japan boots, and she said, "they are not allowed to sell them to the US" don't know about that, but they are exclusive to Japan. . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads