• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
i sized up one on my pbj 007.

How is the fit? From my experience, sizing up one in PBJ is like sizing up 2 or 3 in other Japanese brands, because this brand tends to run big to start with.

hobojones

Reaction score
Haha I'm sized up one too in the 005s. It actually fits perfectly in the thighs, though yeah, the waist has rather stretched a lot by now. Aside from the waist, the rest of the fit is fine, I had mine tapered below the knee because the straight leg looked too much like a boot cut at the start.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hobojones do you wear a belt? also i'd expect the waist to stretch because its considered low rise. if i gone true size the thighs would have been way too tight after a few washes. don't want to go through the whole thing with my skulls again.

i wore those for a year straight they stretched out perfect after the 3rd wash it was tight as a mother and would not stretch back besides the waist.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
hobojones do you wear a belt? also i'd expect the waist to stretch because its considered low rise. if i gone true size the thighs would have been way too tight after a few washes. don't want to go through the whole thing with my skulls again.

i wore those for a year straight they stretched out perfect after the 3rd wash it was tight as a mother and would not stretch back besides the waist.

Yeah, of course, otherwise I would never be able to keep them on
laugh.gif
Next time around though, I'd definitely get TTS. I just got mine sized up 1 because I got a really good deal on them.

scraper

Reaction score
Just got my xx 005 One Wash and am loving em!! As these jeans will no doubt stretch some, will they also shrink some with subsequent soaks? Or is all the shrinking done with the one wash? Thanks.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scraper
Just got my xx 005 One Wash and am loving em!! As these jeans will no doubt stretch some, will they also shrink some with subsequent soaks? Or is all the shrinking done with the one wash? Thanks.

you may get some, but it would be minimal. if you got the o/w version they got most (if not all) of the shrinkage out of the way.

now, as you stretch them out, yes, they will shrink back to the state they are in now or when they were new.

enjoy them. that denim is awesome.

djbj6t9

Reaction score
I'll try Peanut Butter Jelly, indoor lighting shots
6cbf66ec.jpg
a27fec18.jpg
ba8e42c8.jpg
6c7b95d9.jpg

tooshay

Reaction score
Those are so amazing. And one day I'm going to stop saying it and ******* buy a pair.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
do any of you have any of of pbj's belts. they look awesome.

IMG_1950-480x360.jpg

Constc8

Reaction score
I m kinda of new to denim could someone tell me the difference between xx005 xx011 xx009 and xx013?
Also what are the pros and cons of One wash?
And what size would be the closest to a 28 or 29 in weird guys?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Constc8
I m kinda of new to denim could someone tell me the difference between xx005 xx011 xx009 and xx013? Also what are the pros and cons of One wash? And what size would be the closest to a 28 or 29 in weird guys?
your starting with some of the best jeans out there. pbj makes a couple different cuts, a slim/straight, relaxed/straight and a slim/tapered. the difference in the cuts is going to be in the rise (how high or low it sits on your waist) and in the leg area (upper-thigh, knee, hem). the difference in the lot you mentioned is really in color and dying process. pbj does quite a few different color schemes. in terms of the pro/con of o/w vs. raw, the o/w you will know right away how the jeans is going to fit because pbj has already industrial washed the jeans. with the raw jeans you can soak or wash and dry on your end. a lot of people like to buy raw jeans but there is no difference in them aside from one being washed at the factory and the other you wash at home, if desired. take a look at the sizing chart at blue in green for sizing issues. blue in green usually stocks most of the pbj denim line and has most sizes in stock, its a very popular jeans for them. say for example you want a pair of pbj-005 (indigo) raw size 28. they will measure 30" but will shrink to take size after a couple of washes. they will also stretch out 1-2 inches in the waist depending on how hard and where you wear them. if i were you i would look into getting a o/w pbj (if possible) especially if your not experienced with them because you will know right away whether or not they will fit. here is the model range with sizing: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...id=9&Itemid=28

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without going through this whole thread--which PBJ model is which? i.e. Slim straight, straight, slim tapered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads