• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foo roops
5000 posts mostly touting an obscure shoemaker and dissing everything else,...

are you serious?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It seems to be super and within the behavioral rules of the forum to say you love something, that it looks fantastic and is making you drool. It doesn't seem OK to say that you don't like something or that it looks off to you, unless it's the kind of stuff that the groupthink agrees is despicable (Kenneth Cole lol, JAB suits rofl) . As soon as you voice one contrarian view, seven dudes (including 5 noobs) will jump on your back asking you to break down your position over the next two pages: what do you mean? what exactly don't you like? this is not true sir! to finally conclude that, well, this is an opinon (personal preference) - duh!

Next time someone posts that he likes something, let's all make sure we ask him to explain why and according to what objective rules of aesthetic this statement could possibly hold. If possible, using lines and circles on photos and diagrams.

Regarding fritzl, I think by now it should be pretty clear to us what he likes and dislikes, no? Why always jump on him every time he voices these same opinions ?

inlove.gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So essentially you're confirming what I wrote, i.e. that one should not post negative opinions about what other people bought or posted ? That it's somehow uncouth to do so?

I seem to recall , that we both have a dislike for the current rage of oversized wrist watches. Your opinion is on record here, but I cannot recall, that every time someone posts a picture of their 42mm+ watch you come in with "What an ugly meat thermometer on your wrist!".

Why don't you do that? I suppose your opinions on oversized watches hasn't changed. Wouldn't it give you a kick to say: "What bad taste you have, my taste is so much better!"

If you were to get a kick out of that, I presume you would have decamped long ago to "˜Devil's Island"˜, where you could indulge in being nasty all day long.

Some people just enjoy being nasty.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I seem to recall , that we both have a dislike for the current rage of oversized wrist watches. Your opinion is on record here, but I cannot recall, that every time someone posts a picture of their 42mm+ watch you come in with "What an ugly meat thermometer on your wrist!". Why don't you do that? I suppose your opinions on oversized watches hasn't changed. Wouldn't it give you a kick to say: "What bad taste you have, my taste is so much better!" If you were to get a kick out of that, I presume you would have decamped long ago to "˜Devil's Island"˜, where you could indulge in being nasty all day long. Some people just enjoy being nasty.
How's Hyde Park these days?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Here is some anti groupthink.

Blah blah blah longwings blah blah look like absolute shite blah blah blah blah.

One other thing, don't wear clunky gunboats with suits. it does not work.

nod[1].gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bengal and I have discussed this at length and I have come around to his way of thinking. I might not like the shoes that maker "X" produces but to beat on that drum only serves to cause potential harm to their commercial interests and serves no meaningful benefit for me.

I relaize that this is a forum where we discuss our opinions, but just as we can create a frenzy of favorable attention we can likewise dissuade and damage.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall , that we both have a dislike for the current rage of oversized wrist watches. Your opinion is on record here, but I cannot recall, that every time someone posts a picture of their 42mm+ watch you come in with "What an ugly meat thermometer on your wrist!".

Why don't you do that? I suppose your opinions on oversized watches hasn't changed. Wouldn't it give you a kick to say: "What bad taste you have, my taste is so much better!"

You're thinking of someone else, I collect 44mm Panerai watches and love my Big Pilot to death. I do read a lot of those idiotic comments about large case watches though and I certainly don't get my panties in a bunch. People can be dumb and ignorant, that's OK with me.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Bengal and I have discussed this at length and I have come around to his way of thinking. I might not like the shoes that maker "X" produces but to beat on that drum only serves to cause potential harm to their commercial interests and serves no meaningful benefit for me.
Are we talking about the same bengal who has been on a never-ending crusade to destroy fritzl's Operation Paprika ? That sounds a bit at odds with what you are saying here...

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same bengal who has been on a never-ending crusade to destroy fritzl's Operation Paprika ? That sounds a bit at odds with what you are saying here...

Well the Hatfield's will always have the McCoy's and so forth I suppose. But yes, he's the same guy.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same bengal who has been on a never-ending crusade to destroy fritzl's Operation Paprika ?

I’m not on this or any other crusade.

Fritzl can flog whatever he wants, but he should restrict it to ‘buying and selling’.
Never in my life have I interfered into what is on offer within that specific sub-forum.

My beef is that Fritzl abuses the main forum and the majority of his postings are determined
by his commercial interests and the same postings get repeated ad nauseam.
There is no other seller here on this forum, who pursues his commercial interests with the same ruthlessness.

Rather like the conductor Arthur Nikisch, who came to New York to conduct the Philharmonic.
Asked by the press about his program he replied: “Ve’ll play a lot of Brahms”.
When the reporter pointed out that New York audiences did not like Brahms,
Nikisch’s reply was: “Zen ve play him, till zey do!”

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no other seller here on this forum, who pursues his commercial interests with the same ruthlessness.
I can think of a couple, namely one in this very thread continuously posting pictures of Vass that he happens to be selling as well. Another one posts pics of British shoes he happens to be selling here or on eBay.

I have nothing against either though - I'm happy to see the pics and comment on them, whether they're fritzl's or others', whether they're for sale or not.

The part about you not being on a crusade to sink the Paprika ship is laughable. And I say that as someone who values your contributions to this forum a lot and has been reading your more informative posts for years.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foo roops
Are you?

sure

looking forward to your contributions.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
S T F U

O.K., so I take this as you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

See, the conclusion I've reached is that fritzl is a fascist, much like his forefathers, but this way of thinking is now directed towards shoes that are not made for Shrek's feet.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
O.K., so I take this as you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

See, the conclusion I've reached is that fritzl is a fascist, much like his forefathers, but this way of thinking is now directed towards shoes that are not made for Shrek's feet.

whatever floats your boat.

btw, don't forget to post a picture of your shoes. this is what this thread is about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads