• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aleph

Reaction score
Status on the doublefaced shirts?

Rocking my Navy/Red tartan today. Easily my favorite shirt, ever.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by colins
Just got a pair of rivet chinos and the cut is better than any other chinos I've owned. I always liked my JCrew urban slim essential chinos except that they looked a bit dumpy **********. These EP's are perfect.

Thank you sir! We're cranking out a ton more of them in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by Aleph
Status on the doublefaced shirts?

Rocking my Navy/Red tartan today. Easily my favorite shirt, ever.

I apologize for the delay on the Styleforum collab shirts guys - they're being finished as we speak. I anticipate getting them within the 7 days and shipping them with a quickness.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I missed your description of smith overdyes, but saw that they got pushed back for the rivet chinos. Will they be overdyed in the way that it will be similar to the Iron Heart overdyes, or have the warp and weft dyed so they are just really dark/don't fade much?

junjye

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

I sent you an e-mail regarding the Vanson jacket I recently bought.
Can you have a look when you get a bit of time?
Thank you!

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Hey guys-- you already told me this once, but it's all slipped through my sieve-like brain. What kind of upkeep do you suggest for the Thorogood boots? I remember "no polish" and "mink oil" but the details are lost on me. Any product you recommend?

racknac

Reaction score
Mike, you have any tips on how to care for my Yuketen boots in the winter? Do you know if your advice will apply to my other Yuketen shoes? I'm assuming they are made from the same leather just different colors...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
I think I missed your description of smith overdyes, but saw that they got pushed back for the rivet chinos. Will they be overdyed in the way that it will be similar to the Iron Heart overdyes, or have the warp and weft dyed so they are just really dark/don't fade much?

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the Iron Heart OD's, but these will be Kurabo Indigo Selvedge with a black dye over it. As you wear it, the black will fade off and reveal the indigo below.

Originally Posted by thebarsmydestination
Hey guys-- you already told me this once, but it's all slipped through my sieve-like brain. What kind of upkeep do you suggest for the Thorogood boots? I remember "no polish" and "mink oil" but the details are lost on me. Any product you recommend?

Originally Posted by racknac
Mike, you have any tips on how to care for my Yuketen boots in the winter? Do you know if your advice will apply to my other Yuketen shoes? I'm assuming they are made from the same leather just different colors...

For workboots and casual boots, I usually recommend to stay away from brown polish. The natural color and patina of horsehide and chromexcel is a huge part of its character, and you don't want to cover that up with a dyed polish.

I personally use Pecard's Leather Dressing for all my boots, Chromexcel, and leather jackets. A little bit goes a long way:
http://www.pecard.com/mm5/merchant.m...ode=leathdress

Don't go crazy with it. I'll typically use it once or twice a season. If your boots get totally soaking wet, then it's a good idea to use it after they dry out to prevent cracking and restore the leather's oil.

And of course, cedar shoes trees are always a great idea. They'll keep the front from creasing too much, and also absorb moisture after you take the boots off - keeping the insides fresh.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hmm, I'm not familiar with the Iron Heart OD's, but these will be Kurabo Indigo Selvedge with a black dye over it. As you wear it, the black will fade off and reveal the indigo below.

inlove.gif

I personally use Pecard's Leather Dressing for all my boots, Chromexcel, and leather jackets. A little bit goes a long way:
http://www.pecard.com/mm5/merchant.m...ode=leathdress
Would you recommend this for reverse chamois boots too?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - It's been a while, hope all is well (seems like it is!) I've still been following your new releases though I've been late on many of them in my sizes...doh. Forgive me if already asked, but have you chosen any new tweed fabrics from your fabric house recently and any plans for tweeds in the Walts in the near future?

I won't be able to spend until the end ov November likely so if you do, hopefully you don't release them until then!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, As promised, our Johnstons scarves are online! For those not familiar with the brand, Johnstons is a Scottish knitting mill that was founded in 1797. Their scarves are phenomenal quality, and they do some of the nicest lambswool that I've ever seen. The fabric is great, the colors are really rich, and the lambwool is soft with a sturdy - but not scratchy - hand. I think that they're an excellent value for the price. Most of them come in a 10" x 66" length - except for the Exploded Checks which are 2" wider. It's a nice medium size which is substantial can can be tied in several ways - but isn't so big that it feels like you're toting a small blanket. Here's the full collection:
Autumn%20Buchanan.jpg
Autumn Buchanan Lambswool: $55
blackwatch.jpg
Blackwatch Lambswool: $55
Grey%20Buchanan.jpg
Greyscale Buchanan Lambswool: $55
Exploded%20Grey.jpg
Exploded Grey/Blue Tartan Lambswool: $65
Navy%20Red%20Exploded%20Lo.jpg
Exploded Navy/Red Tartan Lambswool: $65
Holyrood.jpg
Holyrood Lambswool: $55
Buffalo.jpg
Buffalo Check Lambswool: $55
Glen%20Plaid.jpg
Glen Plaid Merino Wool: $65
Camel%20Scarf%20Lo.jpg
Solid Camel Lambswool: $55
Charcoal%20Scarf.jpg
Solid Charcoal Lambswool: $55
Navy%20Scarf.jpg
Solid Navy Lambswool: $55

nycxandy

Reaction score
Mike... can you please check the PM I sent you on 10/26 @ 11 pm? Thanks!

delakingois

Reaction score
My apologies etc.

Really wasn't my intention when I started writing the post.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Picked up my Blackwatch cardigan earlier today! It really is incredible, especially the colour.

As I expected though, a 36 is to small for my taste, and I dont think stretching it will be enough. Since I'm a lazy SOB who decided to let it sit at the post office for a few (...) days it might be too late to return it, so if someone wants to buy the heirloom cardigan in 36, send me a message! Even better if you're european, since I've already paid for customs and you won't.

Cash > Store credit anyway. (Might not be the case when it comes to Epaulet though...)
blush.gif

Mike pays for this thread. If you need to sell something, do it in B & S.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads