• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
Me believe you.
thank you
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
Me have high toe box in some older shoes, none look mess like that, not even close. Symptom of average fit and lesser quality leather could be.
the height of the toebox is a factor. asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot. english made shoes mostly only have a half sockliner. if you don't compensate the height the logical effect are ripplings. another factor are the "wrong" trees. don't know about the leather quality of said shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
Have been rocking teh Vash Budapester lately...the look is growing on me... the quality and comfort are first rate.

2010-10-17124607.jpg

a classic

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
the height of the toebox is a factor.

asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot. english made shoes mostly only have a half insole. if you don't compensate the height the logical effect are ripplings.

another factor are the "wrong" trees.

don't know about the leather quality of said shoes.

Do you really believe this? Was this knowledge shared by more than yourself before you made this post?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Care to explain why? I see two pairs of shoes well worn and well-cared-for by the owners. The antiquing does not look artificial at all.

Here are some better pictures from the LS website:

egb21.jpg
egb31.jpg

It's Fritzl. He does not like anything that can't take some hay in them.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
crackup[1].gif

very very funny comment.
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Do you really believe this? Was this knowledge shared by more than yourself before you made this post?

S T F U

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho

It's kolecho.

whatever floats your boat...

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you
asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot.

Zo, fritzl - the inscrutable Asian feet, eh?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Zo, fritzl - the inscrutable Asian feet, eh?

eh, who said that, eh... gosh

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy it is tough having a different taste on this forum. The groupthink police will not rest until every single dissident is taken down !

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Boy it is tough having a different taste on this forum. The groupthink police will not rest until every single dissident is taken down !
nothing wrong with groupthink, but not when people are clueless i.e. vass belongs to the austro-hungarian school like Scheer, Materna, Balint etc.,... ...and wear AE seconds
devil.gif
i'm also not the guy, who has a problem to find shoes that fit... btw, my difference in taste is smaller than most might think, so what?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot. english made shoes mostly only have a half insole. if you don't compensate the height the logical effect are ripplings.

another factor are the "wrong" trees.

gk9.jpg

Voilá!

What caused those ripples, 'Asian feet', 'half an insole' (what's that?) or 'wrong trees'?
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

I don't think it's the dissent, it's just that fritzl only likes one type of shoe, thinks that only that one type of shoe looks best regardless of the outfit and also make some bizarre fit/construction comments over and over. There are many things favored by the forum that I do not like, but I don't beat people over the head with it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I don't think it's the dissent, it's just that fritzl only likes one type of shoe, thinks that only that one type of shoe looks best regardless of the outfit and also make some bizarre fit/construction comments over and over. There are many things favored by the forum that I do not like, but I don't beat people over the head with it.
sorry, but you should know better... it's an interpretation and i can tell you it is not true. i.e. i like button boots, chelseas, jodhpurs, norweger, budapester, laxenburger, etc. beside my favorite style. true is, that i make comments with tongue in cheek... you don't beat people. that's the joke of the century
lol8[1].gif
thanks for playing

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

It seems to be super and within the behavioral rules of the forum to say you love something, that it looks fantastic and is making you drool. It doesn't seem OK to say that you don't like something or that it looks off to you, unless it's the kind of stuff that the groupthink agrees is despicable (Kenneth Cole lol, JAB suits rofl) . As soon as you voice one contrarian view, seven dudes (including 5 noobs) will jump on your back asking you to break down your position over the next two pages: what do you mean? what exactly don't you like? this is not true sir! to finally conclude that, well, this is an opinon (personal preference) - duh!

Next time someone posts that he likes something, let's all make sure we ask him to explain why and according to what objective rules of aesthetic this statement could possibly hold. If possible, using lines and circles on photos and diagrams.

Regarding fritzl, I think by now it should be pretty clear to us what he likes and dislikes, no? Why always jump on him every time he voices these same opinions ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads