• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dress shirts

paco_deluca

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to forum. I have been using the search function and reading about dress shirts. This in turn has left me more confused on where to start looking for new shirts.

As back ground, I usually buy my shirts from Macy's.

I am on a budget so I can not afford the $200+ shirts i have read about.

My limit on a shirt would be about $90.00... is this unreasonable?

The most important thing for me is that they are iron free. I ordered one Brooks Brothers shirt online to try out. Is BB a good place to start for dress shirts? or would a Nordstrom Brand shirt be better?

~Paco

Big T

Reaction score
Try the Brooks Brothers website for 3 for $149 to 3 for $199 price range.

Fortunately my tastes match my beer budget (Guinness).

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not positive, but I think you could get a mtm shirt in non-iron for under $90.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers is a very respectable place to shop for shirts. You will have better shirts than 75% of your colleagues and will always be tastefully shirted.

Tobacco Man

Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt. Shirts are always on sale; you can usually get 4 for $200.

johnvw

Reaction score
Check out BestCustomShirt.com. The economy line of custom shirts (entry level) begins at $49 each. I have a few; they are good for the price.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd ask around if you have a local tailor. Mine will do MTM shirts for me for about $90 a shirt if I buy 2-3 at a time. Best bang for the buck if you ask me

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend an MTM service. I use moderntailor.com and their shirts are around $50 on sale. I'm so used to perfectly-fitting shirts now that I can't even wear my well-fitting $400 OTR shirts anymore, because they just aren't nearly as perfect. Once you MTM there is no going back.
smile.gif
(MTM - made to measure, OTR - off the rack)

paco_deluca

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I received my BB shirt in the mail. It looks and feels alot better than my other shirts. I threw it in the dryer this morning and started to get dressed and 15 mins later, my shirt was ready.

Can I do the same with MTM non iron shirts?

Also, I looked at the moderntailor.com an honestly, I do not have the style eye yet to pick out my fabric. I kind of need to see it and feel it.

I have been looking for a local tailor, I just moved to Houston. Can anyone recommend some one here?

Septavius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paco_deluca
I have been looking for a local tailor, I just moved to Houston. Can anyone recommend some one here?

Nick Lopez.

paco_deluca

Reaction score
Thanks Septavius i will check him out.

I did look up Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, how to they compare in fit and quality to BB shirts?

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paco_deluca
Thanks Septavius i will check him out.

I did look up Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, how to they compare in fit and quality to BB shirts?

If you must have a true non-iron - meaning you dry it in your dryer at home and take it out virtually wrinkle free, you probably need to stick to Brooks Brothers.

austinstrik

Reaction score
I would like to suggest you "Forzieri", This brand shirts will be several styles and colors for men. Here are some you will find: the slim, French cut, button-down, solid, striped and zipper front. The colors are classic white and pale blue. Prices range from $ 90.00 and $ 200.00. The quality is excellent. If money is no problem, this brand is ideal for all types of pant suit or dress.

paco_deluca

Reaction score
so i called nick lopez and Hamilton shirt makers. their shirts start at $200

i ordered a Charles Tyrwhitt dress shirt to try it out.

jt10000

Reaction score
i was surfing around for new shirts myself. i like to buy quantity rather than a couple of real nice ones. i have to wear them every day. i was looking at REDACTED they seem to have the best selection and good pricing. anybody bought REDACTED

Are you spamming? Or do you really think a place that doesn't seem bothered to offer shirts in less than 2-inch variations in sleeve length is good?

I think it's spamming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads