• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sherlock (TV Series)

k4kick

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the three episodes that we were treated to. Having read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories I thought this was rather a good modern interpretation!

Has anyone had any luck in finding his coat yet???

Pinhas

Reaction score
Another great show from BBC; really enjoyed the modern take and could not help thinking of House while watching (not suprising since House is based on Holmes)

This is by far the most maniac-istic portrayal of Moriarty, he wasn’t described as such a psycho in the books or in other adaptations, but I sort of like it; give SH a real arch-villain to go against.

The gay innuendoes cracked me up, specially the way Watson reacts to them, maybe went a bit too far in the end of the 3rd episode but that could be a good way to present Jim’s obsession with SH.

Eagerly waiting for more!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Caught the first one on PBS last night. Wasn't sure I'd be able to get past the 20th century update, but I thought it worked remarkably well. Sherlock seems a bit young, but the actor grew on me.

It was very Steven Moffatt. The Doctor Who vibe was strong.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
He would occasionally chastise Watson for "sensationalizing" his cases rather than emphasizing only the cold reason that went into solving them. Also, sometimes he would say "You know my methods, reason it out." And then listen as Watson tried to draw Holmesian conclusions from detailed observations of little facts and then laugh and say "Well done but entirely erroneous."

But he never called Watson stupid or told him to shut up. And he occasionally spoke warmly of their friendship, of Watson's courage, and of his loyalty.

The friendship made the books all the more heartwarming.

I'd say Watson was more of an illustration of what an educated gentleman would think and how he'd behave in those extraordinary situations, I really dislike having him characterized as an idiot. This thread motivated me to watch the classic series, which is always good.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying this immensely.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'd say Watson was more of an illustration of what an educated gentleman would think and how he'd behave in those extraordinary situations, I really dislike having him characterized as an idiot.

I didn't think he came off as idiotic at all. In fact, he seemed to be relatively well trusted as Sherlock continues to rely on him to some degree.

I thought Moriarty was terribly miscast. He doesn't seem sinister, just annoying. Like Hal Sparks.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The friendship made the books all the more heartwarming.

I'd say Watson was more of an illustration of what an educated gentleman would think and how he'd behave in those extraordinary situations, I really dislike having him characterized as an idiot. This thread motivated me to watch the classic series, which is always good.

Wait, wut?
confused.gif

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Anyone have a torrent link? Can't find any English versions on Pirate Bay.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Search Sherlock then sort by seeder (click on the SE). The first 3 eps are right at the top.

Thanks! Got the first two, but the link for the third was malfunctioning.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Rambo
What's the coat?

Belstaff Milford (I wondered too). Apparently 2007 season and discontinued, but Belstaff PR is putting it about that it will be available in shops for A/W 2010.
Did anyone ever find the Belstaff Millford coat? I thought it was Isaia at first due to the red stitching on the lapel :laugh: Just finished the third episode. Initial thought was that it's much darker than the booke were IMO. I kind of like it. I didn't like Cumberbatch at first, but he grew on me. Now I have to wait until next year to see what happens next :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads