• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the J.Crew in Medium (from earlier in the thread):

16ae5g6.jpg

And here it is in Small:

ff4w46.jpg

Which one do you guys think fits better? I like the fit on the Small, however the arm thing I mentioned in my last post is kind of lame.

I might just stick with the J.Crew instead of risking it for the Sterlingwear, I dunno

jay3429

Reaction score

Burr130

Reaction score
To everyone afraid of sterlingwear:

Don't give in to the fear!! Sterlingwear peacoats are legit and great quality for not a bad price. Do the work and search the forums to figure out sizing and pull the trigger. I did and love my peacoat, now that its winter I can finally start wearing it again. Their peacoats fit especially good if you're skinny/slim and you size correctly. Only fault may be the width of the sleeves... can be a tad wide if you like your stuff really slim.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLay87

Which one do you guys think fits better? I like the fit on the Small, however the arm thing I mentioned in my last post is kind of lame.

I might just stick with the J.Crew instead of risking it for the Sterlingwear, I dunno

small...medium looks ridiculous.

dave333

Reaction score

16ae5g6.jpg

And here it is in Small:

ff4w46.jpg

Small looks great.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Everybody talks about winters in Canada as though that is supposed to mean something; as though across this huge nation every nook and cranny of the place turns into one giant monolithic -50 ice sheet straight across the board. Like Nunavut, Vancouver, Edmonton, Windsor - they aren't the same winters, right?
can't really consider a Vancouver winter a true cold winter half the years. 2009/2010 year during the Olympics, there wasn't any snow, ever. the year before was a ton of snow. looks like this year will be snowing also.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jay3429
I like how they just tried to mash up a varsity jacket with a peacoat.
facepalm.gif

W+H should have stuck with a classic Peacoat and added their flare, kind of like what ToJ did.

They will sell very little of those I bet, and at 900$, not good at all.
I predict they will 50% those during the spring.

hideout

Reaction score
stopped by h&m today, they had some pretty nice wool blend ones for a good price. there's a basic logg one for $80 in s-xl and a regular h&m one with some extra details in 36-42 for $70.

pokey07

Reaction score

16ae5g6.jpg

And here it is in Small:

ff4w46.jpg

How does the small fit in the arms, width-wise? I just bought a medium, and it fits well pretty much everywhere (maybe a little tight in the chest), but the arms are definitely tight if I throw a button down and sweater underneath.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the small fit in the arms, width-wise? I just bought a medium, and it fits well pretty much everywhere (maybe a little tight in the chest), but the arms are definitely tight if I throw a button down and sweater underneath.

Idk, I only had a tshirt on underneath in that photo. The arms were fine for that, and didn't seem too tight; the only thing was that the shoulders were a bit tight, but that doesn't really bother me that much. Whenever I wear a coat I usually don't wear anything to heavy under it because I get too hot, so a long sleeve/button down or a light sweater is enough for me, which should fit fine with this coat.

I'll probably go after work to try it on again so I have a button up under to see how it fits with that, I'll let you know.

airbosh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2balls
Question- does sterlingwear send out shipping info with their orders? I'm expecting something but unsure of how they handle those matters.

Hey just wondering if you got your peacoat yet and if so how is the fit?

2balls

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airbosh
Hey just wondering if you got your peacoat yet and if so how is the fit?

Still waiting on shipping confirmation, I've been in contact with Michele though. She seems helpful.

pervert_cat

Reaction score
I have 800$ put aside for a pea coat but i can`t really find one that I would find worth dropping 800 on, does anyone in here have a suggestion

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads