• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legorogel
what kind of light is it? looks amazing.
It does?
eh.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't even see the light on that pic (you can see a bit of it in the reflection on another pic)

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Can't even see the light on that pic (you can see a bit of it in the reflection on another pic)
Yah it looks like an Ikea lamp in the reflection.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I used to spend a lot of time at DeLift and Studio on the Grote Markt.

Ohh and Fidels...

K

It's a great town. My walk to the station in the morning now takes me across the river Spaarne at the prettiest part, alongside the St. Bavo cathedral (its spire bathed in the morning sun) and on to de Grote Markt.

There are worse ways to start your day.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bellum
That would be considered spacious in Tokyo.
All things are relative of course...

Originally Posted by legorogel
what kind of light is it? looks amazing.

Originally Posted by Rambo
It does?
eh.gif

Originally Posted by gdl203

Originally Posted by Stazy
Yah it looks like an Ikea lamp in the reflection.
We have a winner.

DSC01643.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
It's a great town. My walk to the station in the morning now takes me across the river Spaarne at the prettiest part, alongside the St. Bavo cathedral (its spire bathed in the morning sun) and on to de Grote Markt.

There are worse ways to start your day.
smile.gif

Mine used to take me on a bus through Schalkwijk to Amsterdam Zuid....

K

henrikc

Reaction score
0b5cur1ty: Love the place! Makes my ~200 sq ft University-owned studio apartment look really crappy. Probably not anything of interest here either, I have yellow floors.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Mine used to take me on a bus through Schalkwijk to Amsterdam Zuid....

K

Erm... alle buurten hebben hun eigen charmes?

Originally Posted by henrikc
0b5cur1ty: Love the place!
Thanks.
smile.gif

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
You can remove the light from the fan and cap it, but I think you're better off with a new fan. http://www.modern-fans.com/

I was going to butch that place up for the open house and casually display a Playboy on the coffee table but the only issue I have is the one with this pic:

designers.jpg

1961 Playboy photo featuring left to right - George Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoia, Charles Eames and Jens Risom

lefty

we have plywood chairs for dining chairs just like the ones Eames is parking off on. They are my most comfortable chairs. also have a Risom that Risom is leaning on but it doesnt have arms and it has webbing.

my wife has also been dropping hints about a womb chair for christmas but they are frightfully expensive down here. we'll see.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
You can remove the light from the fan and cap it, but I think you're better off with a new fan. http://www.modern-fans.com/

I was going to butch that place up for the open house and casually display a Playboy on the coffee table but the only issue I have is the one with this pic:

designers.jpg

1961 Playboy photo featuring left to right - George Nelson, Edward Wormley, Eero Saarinen, Harry Bertoia, Charles Eames and Jens Risom

lefty

Anyone know where i can find a bar cart like the one being sat on to the left? That's exactly what I've been looking for.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Anyone know where i can find a bar cart like the one being sat on to the left? That's exactly what I've been looking for.
Looks more like a projection cart than a bar cart. A bit too low for that I think. Most of them are taller.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Looks more like a projection cart than a bar cart. A bit too low for that I think. Most of them are taller.

dude, it's Nelson, and the 60s. it was a vehicle for vices before anything else. haven't you been to a flea market before? even strollers from that era had ashtrays and ice buckets.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
dude, it's Nelson, and the 60s. it was a vehicle for vices before anything else. haven't you been to a flea market before? even strollers from that era had ashtrays and ice buckets.

I like it when people's living rooms have champagne buckets and ashtrays.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads